Hi from Connecticut!

/ Hi from Connecticut! #1  

BlackDogKurt

Tractor
N/A
:newhere:

Hi All!

I'm looking forward to my very first lawn tractor this month (a John Deere). I'd love to hear people's comments, suggestions, and recommendations too. More later.

- Kurt

/ Hi from Connecticut! #2  
Welcome
I"m also from CT. How big is your property? What uses do you have planned for your new tractor? This will help to determine what kind of machine will fit yor needs.

/ Hi from Connecticut!
Hi! I just also posted more detail under the John Deere forum, but in short, I have about 1.7 acres with probably just over an acre of lawn. I'm really leaning towards the X310 (after talking myself up and up and up from a D130...lol).

/ Hi from Connecticut! #4  
Also from Ct [Windham]. I am about to get a CK 35 Kioti. I looked at the JD's and though its my favorite color and its a fine machine I found them to be to expensive compared to Mahindra or Kioti that in most cases are more robust. But if all you are going to do is cut lawn you dont have to worry about that. Seems like Kubota are the lightest of em so you are not leaving tracts in your lawn. I have been in this search for 2 months now and start off at Marvins in Colchester the JD dealer. Nie guy and all but to much money for my blood....

/ Hi from Connecticut! #5  
I know its not green but, I have been running a Cub Cadet for about 5 yrs and only had to service it,,, knock on something lol. I have really only changed blades and oil. I mow about 2 ac.
Its 23hp, hyd, 50 inch cut. Just something to think about.
good luck

/ Hi from Connecticut! #8  
Welcome to TBN.