Slipping in off the mountainside

/ Slipping in off the mountainside #1  

reubenT

Tractor
JD 2010 Kubota B6200
I keep running into this site while doing search for equipment info. Mainly 3 pt tillers I'm looking into right now. So guess it's joinin time.
I'm in middle TN on the side of the cumberland plateau, have 80 acres rough land mostly trees, gradually getting them harvested and some spots cleared, The neighbor's 47 I can use as well if I clear some of it, but it's like ours, only a little bit of it level enough to grow something other than trees. I also cut hay on 50 acres next to us to keep a hunting club happy, timber company land, and I can grow some stuff there too. Got a sorghum press last year, so we're planning on growing and making sweet sorghum every year into the future. As well as heirloom field corn for meal, sesame for our own oil, and lots of regular stuff. Might try some melons and sweet corn for market. As for tractors round here; We got a kubota B6200 in 1989, have just about worn it out. Since then I got an old JD 2010, have used a IH 414 of the neighbors quite a bit, a massey ferguson has been sitting here for years, It was modified by someone and a chevy strait 6 engine adapted to fit it, but it's gear ratio is too high for anything I do. Eventually I'll do something else with it, make it work better.
I like tinkering with mechanical stuff at times, have done several engine adaptions of my own. the JD 2010 engine gave out a few years ago, so I adapted a subaru car engine to run it with a 2-1 reduction drive, runs good for me. The latest adaption last winter was putting a ford V6 engine from a minivan into a case 450 track loader, that runs good now and I'm building roads and clearing land with it. The next project is a little more extensive. Starting to build a 4x4 tractor from junk parts and scrap metal that will run on firewood and water. It'll be about 40 HP, enough to run most medium size tractor implements. Life has been relatively peaceful, interesting at times, and occasionally a bit rough. But I wouldn't trade life in the woods and field for anywhere else.

/ Slipping in off the mountainside #2  
Welcome to TBN. :)

/ Slipping in off the mountainside #3  
Welcome to the forum from Oklahoma.

Ken

/ Slipping in off the mountainside #4  
It sure would be nice to see some pictures of your equipment and property. All sounds very interesting.

Welcome & have Fun.

/ Slipping in off the mountainside #6  
Welcome to TBN from Missouri.:)