Howdy Ya'LL

/ Howdy Ya'LL #1  

buggieart

Tractor
huntin
I am new to this forum thing. I still like the phone and mail in my mail box. Been looking at tractors for 2 yrs now and am getting ready. A tractor is like a car once you buy it the next place when I get done with it is the scrap yard. I like long term perchases.

/ Howdy Ya'LL #3  
Welcome to TBN, jump on in and join the fun.:)

James K0UA

/ Howdy Ya'LL #5  
Welcome to the forum from Oklahoma.

Ken

/ Howdy Ya'LL #7  
Welcome to TBN from Missouri. If you take proper care of a tractor, it will outlive you. My brother still uses a 1955 Ford 600 my dad bought new. His newest tractor is a 1986 MF375.

/ Howdy Ya'LL #10  
buggieart said:
I am new to this forum thing. I still like the phone and mail in my mail box. Been looking at tractors for 2 yrs now and am getting ready. A tractor is like a car once you buy it the next place when I get done with it is the scrap yard. I like long term perchases.

Welcome.
I'm relatively new myself, but got a lot of advise from my brother, a marine engineer, who has had a tractor for over a decade. I just bought a 10 yr old used JD with low hours and well maintained. My brother and I both joke about selling the tractors with the property when we head to the old folks home.

It all come down to buying the right quality tool and maintaining it. If you undersized or over work it and don't maintain it then it will be scrap. One thing to consider unless you are using it daily for income or for some major earth moving projects its hard to put the hours needed to wear a tractor out as a week end warrior.

Good luck
RoN