Hydraulic Problems Industrial 300

/ Hydraulic Problems Industrial 300 #1  

Blodsloddy

Tractor
John Deere 300 Industrial
Hi,
Am new to the forum and most recent tractor acquisition. Have a JD Industrial 300 diesel that I know absolutely nothing about. Have been a red tractor guy until recently. The problem I am having is understanding the hydraulic system. Don't even know where the fluid level check plug is. The fill hole is just behind the seat, but no dipstick, so there must be a level plug somewhere, but there are several possibilities and I don't know which is the right one. Looking into the fill hole, I can't see fluid. Here's my problem...It appears that everything (including the brakes and power steering) runs off the main system. The 3-point and left brake are working fine, but the right brake and power steering don't work. There is an assist motor (? I think) for the power steering in the front between the fuel tank and radiator, that appears to have a coupling that runs off of the front crank pulley, but there are hydraulic lines running to it from the back. I'm wondering (hoping) if this is just a fluid level problem, but I'm pretty sure I can't be that lucky. Any information would be appreciated.
Blodsloddy

/ Hydraulic Problems Industrial 300 #2  
Welcome to TBN. :)