Hello from Alaska

/ Hello from Alaska #1  

rlluellyn

Tractor
Kubota BX-25
Hi I am looking at buying a Yamar 2450 sub compact for my 2 acres in oregon This will be my first tractor and any advice will help, do you think this will be big enough to move some dirt and clear some brush?

/ Hello from Alaska #3  
Go to the SEARCH section at the top of this page and type in Yanmar 2450 and search the posts in regards to your inquiry. This should provide you with more insight and aid you in your decision. BTW, Welcome aboard.

Last edited:
   / Hello from Alaska
hi thanks for the heads up creekbend. I did what you said and the only thing that came up was my post. I cant believe i am the only one wondering about the yamar 2450 am i doing something wrong??? Thanks Rusty

/ Hello from Alaska #5  
The following is from a post here at TBN a few days ago. This is valuable information and I have been passing on the info to everyone I know. I cannot find the post this morning to credit the poster but he did us all a great service by posting the info as follows.
Here is the BEST WAY TO SEARCH TBN and get good results
I don't know exactly where to post this but here goes....

As we all know, the TBN search function (like many forums) is certainly lacking. It can be difficult to find what you are looking for.

If you aren't aware of how to search specific websites using google, it is by far the best way to search, and here is how you do it:

Go to Google and type in whatever you want to search, in the search bar, then, after what you just typed, type this exact phrase, but without the quotation marks- "site:www.tractorbynet.com"

Therefor, if your looking for "how big of a tractor do I need" - You would type into the google search engine:

"How big of a tractor do I need site:w"ww.tractorbynet.com" (Note: take out the quote marks)
Of course you need to put in your targeted web site instead of tractorbynet.com.

You will get ONLY results from TBN, and it works excellent.

/ Hello from Alaska #6  
Welcome to TBN from Missouri; sorry I am not familiar with that model. Yanmar does make good stuff though.

/ Hello from Alaska #8  
Welcome to the forum from Oklahoma.

Ken

/ Hello from Alaska
Ok here is the deal. After getting south and shopping around I ended up getting the Kubota bx 25. I also got a brush hog and a box scraper. I only had a few days to play with it but I was amazed at the power of the little guy.

/ Hello from Alaska #10  
Have you got a bucket grapple or backhoe thumb planned, so you can move the bears out of the way?

:D

Bruce
(ex-west-slope Alaskan)

Just noticed you said for use in Oregon. You can use them to move the elk out of your way. :)