new gal here

/ new gal here #1  

solly

Tractor
none
Hello all. I ran across this forum when looking for info on building a firepit and found some good info and pictures.

I retired to a rural area in Sw VA a bit over 6 years ago, after having spent over 30 years living and working in Oakland, CA in a tractor/trailer/container maintenance garage as a partsman.

So much to learn and I must say that I was somewhat apprehensive about how I would be treated by the locals, many of whom are hard working 4th, 5th and 6th generation farmers here, struggling to make a living and many have full time jobs and then come home to work caring for their cattle, sheep, land, etc.

Well, maybe you get what you give and since I have a very high regard for these good people they have been more than generous of their time and advice and am very happy to have settled here.

Much of my time is spent as a volunteer with my local humane society, primarily fostering dogs, but in this small group we all do a bit of everything.

Several years ago a friend lent me her goat for a weekend to help munch down some of the growth in the 20 or so acres of pasture. He's still here, hangs out with the horses that another friend pastures here and he's a loveable pain in the butt.

/ new gal here #3  
:welcome: to TBN :thumbsup: ...not too far away from you, weekender from the east side of Hillsville, VA. Great area, just don't let anyone else know about it ;) hate to have to say... there goes the neighborhood!!!

/ new gal here #4  
Welcome to TBN!!!

/ new gal here #5  
Welcome to TBN from Missouri.:thumbsup:

/ new gal here #7  
Welcome to TBN young lady.

/ new gal here #8  
Welcome from another Virginian... Just up the road in the Shenandoah Valley. It's mostly green here... Trees, shrubs, grass and Deeres.