Hi, and not much else

/ Hi, and not much else #1  

Susanjoyce

Bronze Member
Tractor
Craftsman
Hi,

I'm a little old lady who lives on five acres in Alexandria, Ohio, with chickens, horses, dogs, and an ever-decreasing supply of raccoons. I have an old Sears Craftsman lawn tractor, 22.5 hp, 50" cut. ("it's not a lawn mower, it's a micro-tractor!") I'm a Navy vet, single and looking, and have a gazillion questions just about everything involving farm life. I'm enjoying this site immensely already, and thank you all for making it so fun.

/ Hi, and not much else #4  
Welcome to the TBN forums from Missouri.:)

"Micro Tractor"; I like it.:thumbsup:

/ Hi, and not much else #6  
Hi there Susan. Welcome. I already envy you with your farm and such.
Hey, what's that 'old' doing in your post. Tis the best age when one finally can lay back and live one's dream ;). Well done and good luck.
Chief

/ Hi, and not much else
Hi there Susan. Welcome. I already envy you with your farm and such.
Hey, what's that 'old' doing in your post. Tis the best age when one finally can lay back and live one's dream ;). Well done and good luck.
Chief

I have to keep reminding myself, I'm livin' the dream. On my to-do list for the next few days is:

1) fixing, power-washing and painting more fence. Several feet done, only miles to go.

2) finish rebuilding the west side of the chicken coop, which is actually a milk house from the '40s. Last summer I took three sides down to the studs, put up new siding, installed a window, and generally made predator-proof.

3) rototill at least part of the garden and get the tomato starts into the ground

4) muck chicken coop and spread on pastures

5) make up more fly spray for horses and try to spray them without being knocked down ( that's when the 'lay-back' part comes in).

6) keep sawing up downed limbs from earlier storm.

I've never worked so hard before--or, to be honest, loved my work more.

/ Hi, and not much else #10  
As another female farmer, welcome to the sorority! We don't work harder, I do believe we work smarter. There is a reason it is called man-handle. However, I do have an assortment of hammers in varying sizes and types.