Greetings from Northern NJ

/ Greetings from Northern NJ #1  

geoman9

Tractor
None Yet
Hello, I would say i'm probably someone who is borderline in need of a lawn tractor. My property is about .7 acres with an old bi-level within the lot. However, it still takes me 2 hours to cut the front yard (particularly in the spring) and about the same time in the back yard using a 20 inch cut lawn mower. When I don't get to it weekly, the grass gets so long I can only make half passes to get an acceptable looking cut. Two hours is a lot of time that I would prefer spending on some other activity. Another issue with my yard is that it is in a low lying, wet area (meadow). IN the backyard I have numerous water loving trees that have surface roots. There are some undulations in the front due to the presence of a septic field. So, I just don't know if I should buy a tractor or not. Would LOVE to get some feedback from members.

Thanks,

Geoman9

/ Greetings from Northern NJ #2  
Welcome to TBN. :)

/ Greetings from Northern NJ #3  
Welcome to TBN!!

Frankly, if you're in decent shape...and want to remain that way, I'd stick with a walk behind mower.

/ Greetings from Northern NJ #5  
I suffer from a wet back yard also. The riding mower works well just let it dry up a little. The time you save will be worth it. Yes you get a good work out with a walk behind. My wife and I did about 1 1/2 ac with a push mower up until this year. We don't miss the push mower and I still get a workout for an hour with the gas trimmer. If you don't want to spend much lots of good used riders out.

/ Greetings from Northern NJ #6  
Most certainly, the growing season isn't twelve months of the year in northern New Jersey. I would suggest, either a riding mower or a self propelled push mower with a wider swath cut. Best wishes.

/ Greetings from Northern NJ #9  
Welcome to TBN From Oklahoma.

Ken

/ Greetings from Northern NJ #10  
Get a wide cut self propelled mower.