Old Guy, New Member

/ Old Guy, New Member #1  

Sobird

Tractor
I H 424, Case 580 SE
Hello and Greetings,
Just signed up and already like the ease of becoming a member. No waiting for admin authorization. Some sites are rather demanding of information before you can post. I have a small acreage (85 acres). Most of which is in brome hay, although around 15 or so acres are creek and timber. I have a International Harvester 424 Diesel tractor, for the most part it does everything I need. In accordance with my implements, which are small, broke, or on the way to the salvage yard!!! Recently I am having issues with my 3 point lift. I'll be looking for some information in that regard. If I have any knowledge to share I will be happy to disclose it. So many people are after a buck for their knowledge, nothing wrong with that, but sharing freely is much more in line with my beliefs.

P.S. I have purchased a Service Manuel from a source, the photos are not that great, but if I can help anyone, I will try. Just give the "Ol Bird" a shout.

/ Old Guy, New Member #2  
Welcome to TBN from SW Arkansas.

/ Old Guy, New Member #4  
Welcome.

For what it's worth, some of those sites that use things like "Admin Authorization" to activate an account do so because they are not using other, more "lightweight" methods for the users to validate accounts (or their software is insecure and people can work around it). Of course, some sites do it as a control component because the admin believes they should know every detail and give all approvals.

Requiring an admin to auth the account is an immediate reason for me to not use the site either way.

/ Old Guy, New Member #6  
Welome to the forum from Oklahoma.

Ken