Hello From Maine

/ Hello From Maine #1  

BlackOwl

Tractor
Kioti 1914
Hey Everyone,
I'm new to this site which I came across while looking for info on the swing cyl. of my Kelly B-10 backhoe. I have used equipment for almost 40 years working farms and construction, but have never done anything this stupid in all that time. I was just starting to dig with my Kelly B-10 mounted on my newly purchased Kioti 1914 when I discovered that it was quite "jerky" which was due to having the PTO in the 1000 position instead of the 540. At the exact instant that I figured out the problem it became to late as the swing cylinder let go internally. Any Ideas on how to get that puppy apart would be appreciated. I have done a considerable amount of mechanical work in the past including a 6 year stint as a heavy construction mechanic so I am not a novice to mechanical problem solving. But this one has both myself and my local tractor dealer stumped. We don't have a local Kelly dealer in the area but I am afraid that this is meant to be replaced as a unit and not serviceable. This cylinder is the only one that does not have a breakdown in the manual.

John