New Member, Smithville, Tx.

/ New Member, Smithville, Tx. #11  
Howdy, I'm in Wallis (SW of Houston). I've got a weekend place SE of Columbus and my brother has a place near you in Flatonia.

Sounds like you have pretty much recovered from the fires? With all the equipment you are getting you should have loads of fun with the rest of your work.

/ New Member, Smithville, Tx. #12  
txdon, is the picture you use as your avator on your place?

/ New Member, Smithville, Tx. #14  
To crusty 369 (the OP) I want to say, sorry for hyjacking your thread but I just have to tell TXDon; AMAZING!!! The thread on the build was a great read and you have a real ''attraction" on your land. In fact, from some of the pictures, it looks like your whole place is a park. You really have a place to be proud of.

Wow, just wow...

I'm in Lee county pretty often since I like to launch at Nails Creek Park.

/ New Member, Smithville, Tx.
No problem.....

Got bored with my bikes, now I'm in mod mode on my new toy....
Front and rear remotes to come soon....
Jeez....OCD is kicking in, lol. Wife is going to be pissed: my "practical" tractor purchase is going the way of my "deal" on my Harley....
.......Wonder how difficult it will be to add a turbo, lol.....

/ New Member, Smithville, Tx. #16  
Thanks bikerdib. In a few weeks I'll be adding to my paver project thread (a three year project).

But Back to the Crusty 369 and beautiful Smithville on the Colorado river.
Crusty, those rear remote will make working with you box blade so much more fun and quicker. If you need a big berm you might want to consider a regular blade. both blades have their uses. Box blade for limited shaping and moving and smoothing and the regular blade for shaping and throwing the dirt to the side. The regular blade should be wider than your wheelbase so when you turn the blade at an angle to throw the dirt to the side it still covers your tracks.

Another mod by next summer will be some sort of hard canopy, unless you are covered with low limb trees.

I'm sure other's will chime in with must have mods as long as we are using your money.:)

/ New Member, Smithville, Tx. #17  
I've had 2 tractors before the B3300 I have now and I used really large ones when I worked on a ranch during high school. Didn't have remotes on the first 2 but I put them on the B3300. How did I ever live without. Working a blade with the hydraulic top link, running my 3pt splitter, even just hooking up implements with my quick hitch is much easier and more effective. When I got the 3300, since it has a FEL I decided to get a grader type blade instead of a box blade and I'm glad I did. The ability to angle and tilt the grader blade gives it much more versatility IMO. I can move and level dirt with the FEL almost as easily as I could have with a box blade, sometimes more so.

Speaking of a quick hitch, I didn't see that you have one yet, crusty. I just assume you will be getting a hydraulic top link since you are getting remotes.

/ New Member, Smithville, Tx. #18  
Welcome.