For Many Years I gardened with a Shovel, But?

/ For Many Years I gardened with a Shovel, But? #1  

chaunclm

Livingston, TX, Conroe, TX, and Van Buren Co, Arka
Tractor
LS 3033HST
I still have the shovels, but no longer have the physical capacity to move the dirt with a wheelbarrow and spade. So this winter I will be buying a Mahindra Max 28. I plan to purchase it with all the goodies, backhoe, front end loader, finish mower, cement mixer, tiller, box blade, and possibly a PTO generator.

When I was much, much younger I had occasion to play with an old and little Ford tractor. Mostly I pulled a rake with it turning two hay wind rows into one for bailing.

One of the projects I plan to attempt is to dig a pond where I may try to grow cat fish or Tilapia. I also plan to have a garden between 500 and a thousand square feet. I will be growing Brazos Blackberries plus couple of fig trees and any other fruit trees that will grow and fruit in South Texas near Houston. Although we only have a single acre, I hope to fix it up into a garden spot.

I also have a grandson who seems lost as to a career and I thought he might learn how to use this little tractor and do some landscaping as the area our place is located in is all one acre plus homesteads, and many may need help with making their places look nice.

/ For Many Years I gardened with a Shovel, But? #3  
Welcome to TBN and congratulation on your tractor purchase.

/ For Many Years I gardened with a Shovel, But? #4  
Welcome from Oklahoma. Just a word of caution, before you turn the kid out out to start landscapping check into insurance.

Ken

/ For Many Years I gardened with a Shovel, But? #5  
Good to have you aboard. Best wishes in regards to your future projects.

/ For Many Years I gardened with a Shovel, But? #7  
Welcome.

/ For Many Years I gardened with a Shovel, But? #8  
Welcome,shovels suck but,sometimes I forget I have 2 tractors.:confused3:

/ For Many Years I gardened with a Shovel, But? #9  
Welcome, if you want to see many of those attachments in action check out our How-to Videos. I'm sure you'll find the answers to many questions from the many wise TBN members. Good Luck!