Missouri Newbie

/ Missouri Newbie #1  

CJMomo

Tractor
n/a
Hi all, I am new to the forum. I joined because I saw there was a thread on haying. I am completely new to all things farming and looking to learn as much as I can. We will be inheriting an 80 acre farm that my husband grew up on but he moved before he was old enough to really learn anything or get real experience on the farm. We certainly do not intend to sell the farm when it becomes ours, but seeing as how neither of us have a clue about farming... we are trying to learn what our options are so that we can live on the farm and use it for our income source.. without getting in over our heads and losing the farm! The farm has been producing alfalfa for many years. Years ago it was mostly cattle and only enough hay grown to feed the stock. Any information or advice for us would be fantastic. I am trying to make our dream of running a farm work, but I need to learn about it all first! Thanks!!

CJmomo

/ Missouri Newbie #2  
You will gain quite a lot of knowledge by reviewing the threads and posts here on TBN. Welcome aboard. Best wishes.

/ Missouri Newbie #3  
Welcome to the forum.

/ Missouri Newbie #5  
Welcome to the TBN forums from SE Missouri. There are a lot of members familiar with haying who will be more than happy to advise you, I gave up farming over forty years ago and we now rent all of our row crop land out and no longer run cattle.

Good luck in your endeavors.

/ Missouri Newbie
Thanks everyone!

/ Missouri Newbie #9  
Welcome to TBM from a fellow Show-Me Stater!

/ Missouri Newbie #10  
:welcome: from the north end! ~~ grnspot