new member in SC with NO knowledge of tractors lol

/ new member in SC with NO knowledge of tractors lol #1  

myold2040

Tractor
John Deere 2040
Greetings!
I live in SC, and as the name would imply, have an old 2040 2wd that I bought with the house and land (approx 60 acres, with plans for acquiring another 30 acres)
She seems like a good all around yard tractor, but what do I know? lol
I have a 5' JD bush hog attachment, disc harrow, and I just bought a 84" Xtreme duty box blade from everythingattachments, and would love to locate a front end loader for her as well...
I hope to learn more about my toy as I go.
TIA!

/ new member in SC with NO knowledge of tractors lol #2  
Welcome to the forum. I've spent time in SC... Fall and spring... It's a little hot for me in the summer, winter's probably not too bad though. The 2040 is a good old tractor, probably from the late 1970s. You can get info and owners manuals online. I had a 1974 JD 2030 until this year - had to downsize to a new 3038e because the big tractor was hard to get on for old knees, and the 2WD was an issue with snow. The 2040 will have no problem with your bush hog or harrow, but a 7 foot box blade will pull it down some, depending on what you're grading. My major use was a mile long gravel drive up and down hills. A 6 foot BB was all the 2030 could handle going up a hill... And too much sometimes. Gravel tends to fill the box and get awfully heavy. Your tractor is a little smaller and lighter than the 2030, so you could have some issues with it if you're doing any hard work.

I downsized my BB to a 5 footer for my smaller tractor, and it seems to have done the trick.

Good luck. And enjoy the tractor.

/ new member in SC with NO knowledge of tractors lol #3  
Welcome to the forum.

/ new member in SC with NO knowledge of tractors lol #4  
Welcome to TBN. Your place sounds like a great place to play, you will have the tractor and attachments figured out soon. If you need any information this is great place to ask.
PS TBNers like pictures. JD green tractor.gif

/ new member in SC with NO knowledge of tractors lol #6  
Welcome

/ new member in SC with NO knowledge of tractors lol #7  
Welcome to TBN. Ken Sweet

/ new member in SC with NO knowledge of tractors lol
Thanks for the well wishes and links/info.

/ new member in SC with NO knowledge of tractors lol #9  
Welcome! The TBN guys will increase your tractor knowledge in no time!!

/ new member in SC with NO knowledge of tractors lol #10  
Welcome from Oklahoma.

Ken