New to Tractors

/ New to Tractors #1  

timkeefe

Tractor
cub cadet 1811
I recently purchased a 1978 Cub Cadet model 1811 with only 90 hours on the clock. I'm new to country living ... but now that I've been here in rural New Mexico I wonder why I put up with the city for so long. I bought the Cub Cadet and a trailer for hauling things around my 5 acres and plowing the occasional snow.

Recently I wanted to use the cubby only to find that I couldn't put the transmission in gear. A friend & I checked the linkage and the fluid levels and removed 3 bolts on the top thinking that we needed to purge any air from the trans. That seemed to work for a few days but the same problem reoccured. This time bleeding the air didn't work. another friend suggested changing the trans build but it's been a challenge just to find the correct specs for the Transmission oil filter. Although the manual states that it should changed every 100 hours but it doesn't state what type of filter. Anyone have any ideas?

Tim Keefe
760-413-5816

/ New to Tractors #3  
You will get better results by posting your questions in the "Cub Cadet" forum here on TBN. Welcome aboard. BTW, I don't think it is a good idea to post your Telephone Number. Anyone in the World can see your number now. Just a thought.

/ New to Tractors #4  
:welcome:

/ New to Tractors #6  
Welcome to the forum.

/ New to Tractors #7  
Hey Tim, welcome from Oklahoma.

Ken