Hello from Ireland

/ Hello from Ireland #1  

bozd

Tractor
massey ferguson 165
Hi and happy new year. I am or was a city slicker before buying small holding in the country about 15 years ago - everyone thought we were mad and guess what 5 years later alot more people got the bug and moved into more rural areas when the property market went crazy here. I had worked in the farming finance sector for a number of years and thought boy are we missing out on something here - and so the move.

I had been on one farm in my previous life and thought it was a very different place to the busy city streets where I was raised, but I got the bug when browsing my bosses bookshelves and came across John Seymours book on Self-Sufficiency - it totally grabbed me. Little did I know that years later he would be sitting in my own house chatting away - I was lucky to find a holding after years of searching and got good advice from the man himself.

My biggest purchase has been my tractor 」2000 is what it cost 13 years ago and she has served me well - I have a loader which was essential for feeding animals and she is due another paint job as we are on a hill facing the sea with the Atlantic winds laden with salt slowly dissolving everything made of steel. So thats a short????? intro anyway.

/ Hello from Ireland #2  
Welcome to the forum.

/ Hello from Ireland #4  
:welcome:

/ Hello from Ireland #5  
Welcome. I'll look up the semour guy.

/ Hello from Ireland #7  
:welcome: to TBN