G'day from Darwin

/ G'day from Darwin
Yes well.......... I have one to contribute.

Two tears ago at a barbie in the bush, a king brown snake about 10 feet long, and about as thick as a Coke can, came into the back yard, not far from where we were all standing.

Everyone gave this snake a wide birth doing the smart thing and waiting for it to leave.

These snakes are related to the cobra and even flatten their heads when agitated, they are lightning quick, their venom is necrotic and the venom has some terrible effect on the nervous system.

This really drunk bloke spotted the king brown and said "I know how to handle snakes" turned to another bloke and said the magic words
"hang onto me tinny and check this out."

He just staggered up to it and tried to pick it up by the tail! The snake whipped around and reared up, and there is about 4 or 5 feet of this snake above the ground, it's head about chest height on this man. Someone was running around looking for a gun.

This bloke kind of waved his hands like he was doing a magic trick, then made a grab for the snake.

He managed to grab it alright..........about 2 feet down from it's head. It bit him on the face TWICE in a split second.

He turned away, but didn't let the snake go, and it bit him on the arm another three times.

He dropped the snake and staggered forward and trod on the thing! It bit him twice more on the leg.

The snake fled off into the dark, this bloke is convulsing on the ground and for a few moments we all stood there stunned by what we had just seen.

The snake had actually taken a piece of meat out of his leg about the size of an eyebrow, from how savage the bite was.

Anyway, they got him to hospital but in the end it was snake 1......idiot 0.

Jeez mate, I can think of a few things Ive seen up here that would qualify for these awards HAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA