I think I'm going to need some help...

/ I think I'm going to need some help... #1  

PerryW

Tractor
1968 MF135 for fun, MF3080 for work
So, the introduction. Where to begin?

We got our first alpacas in 2005 - just something to keep the grass down. Back then, the 'tractor' was a ride-on mower and the property stretched to a mighty 3 acres.

The bug bit, we got more alpacas and leased some adjacent land. We were up to about thirty acres and sharing a Kyoti Korean tractor owned by a neighbour. We've had a fair bit of success in this growing industry and, by 2011, found that we were outgrowing our land.

As of a couple of months ago we (and the bank of course) have become the proud owners of a new 200 acre place with plenty of room for the Alpacas and the sheep that arrive soon.

The place was previously owned by a retired farmer and had only been used for agistment for several years. The owners lived away and only visited once a month or so - consequently 'it needs a bit of work'. Anyway, we were able to buy it with all equipment included, which is why I'm here...

The tractors:

I guess the first task is to properly identify them and that comes next but, for now...

The main beast is a MF Autotronic. I think it's a 3075 (covers have been removed at some point to fit the loader)

The other is an old MF135

Both work well although the big one has some electronics issues - high range or low range, it will offer you one or the other at random but only rarely will it offer the chance to choose for yourself.

I have a soft spot for the old 135 though - tattered, faded, seen better days but still starts perfectly and while I've not used it in anger yet, it gets its first run out next weekend to do some serious work and I'm really looking forward to it.

A quick inventory of attachments include
  • Bucket and forks for the loader
  • Slasher
  • Rip saw bench
  • log splitter
  • Ripper
  • 400ltr boom sprayer
  • Post hole digger (auger)
  • Post hole digger and driver (terrifying thing that I'm calling the widow-maker)
  • And a bunch of other stuff in various states that I've not identified yet

I'm not one of natures natural mechanics, so the learning curve is going to be steep.

Lurking around a couple of forums, this one seems to be friendly and full of people keen to help and share experience. So, here I am. I hope I don't try your patience too much, but get ready for some dumb questions.

/ I think I'm going to need some help... #2  
Welcome from Oklahoma.

Ken

/ I think I'm going to need some help... #3  
Welcome top the forum Perry and congratulations on the new property. We have a number of your fellow country man on the forum so you will be right at home. By the way, there are no Dumb questions here so ask away.

MarkV

/ I think I'm going to need some help... #5  
:welcome: to TBN even if bullet don't like it.

/ I think I'm going to need some help...
Thanks folks!

Reckon I'm going to be spending some serious time on the Fergy forums

/ I think I'm going to need some help... #7  
Welcome and congratulations on your purchase, as you may already know the fun has only started.

/ I think I'm going to need some help... #8  
Greetings Perry and welcome to TBN. We have a nice sized 135 audience. I have one myself. Check out the forums. Take care.

/ I think I'm going to need some help... #9  
Welcome aboard Perry........:thumbsup: