/ New Member #1  

scott67

Tractor
Massey 1529
I've been on the forum for a while, but mostly reading all the great posts. This year I hope to buy a tractor, rotary cutter, and tiller.

Our land is 8 acres in size. 5 or 6 acres of it has been a crop field for a very long time.

Anyhow, mostly looking at tractors from Massey, Deere, Kioti, and Kubota. Was looking at sub compacts, but now I'm thinking compact like a Massey 1526 or Kubota B series. Almost came hope with a 1026r last year, but never sealed the deal. When it comes to dealerships, Deere, Massey and New Holland are probably dealerships that aren't going anywhere. Kubota has flipped between a couple of businesses. Kioti is pretty new around here. Mahindra and LS have a dealership, but it's 160 miles away, that concerns me.

I'm going to have to rotary cut a few acres at a time, and the land is a bit rough. So I was thinking a slightly bigger tractor might make the job easier and more comfortable. Some of the flail mower conversation on here have also been interesting as well, as I'm just cutting tall grass and weeds.

Also trying to figure out if I could build an approach and the beginning of a road using one of these small tractors with a loader. I would have someone else dump the fill close to were I need it. Just not sure if these smaller loaders are up to the task. I guess it might depend on how hard the loader has to work to dig into the clay fill pile.

Anyhow, I'm sure I'll have lots of questions.

Thanks,
Scott

/ New Member #2  
Welcome from Virginia. Hope you continue to enjoy TBN. I have a GC2400 massey sub compact and with 4x4 I have no problem digging out of a pile and most of the time just digging. Hope things go well for you, and yes a dealer that is not going anywhere and is near is important. I hope what ever tractor you get works for you as well as my Massey has for me.

/ New Member
Thanks Ed

At the end of last year the Massey dealer gave quite the deal on a 2400 - winter was coming and I never took him up on it as I currently live in the cut and was worried about storage. Should have kept in my garage as we way more snow then normal

Good to here about the loader performance

/ New Member #5  
:welcome: Try Kioti ck series for a smaller CUT or DK or larger.