Hi from Central Africa

/ Hi from Central Africa #1  

tony evered

Tractor
dieci dumper
My name is Tony and I am looking for a cost effective solution to seperating water from 55 gallon diesoline containers prior to filling fuel tanks. It is extremely hot here and it rains for 6 months and then 35-45 deg celsius for the other 6 months. so diesel in drums does not clean and engines are suffering and money is tight.

Rgds
T

/ Hi from Central Africa #2  
Welcome to TBN:thumbsup:

/ Hi from Central Africa #4  
Welcome Aboard, Tony!

Tho I live in Texas, I work in West Africa....Equatorial Guinea....so I feel free to call you "Neighbor"...!

So far as your fuel problems go....if you can't afford or locate a proper separator / filter unit, your best bet is to rig up an old oil drum as a settling tank...paint it black to get it good and warmish in the sun...fill it daily and let the water in your fuel settle out and filter what you draw out of the tank thru some sort of cloth filter to capture any algae that may have grown...old sweat socks are my favorite...draw the bottoms off the tank daily with your pump or siphon hose until the discharge runs clear..then fuel up your machines.

.I throw the slops in yet another bucket and let them settle further...

I've built a couple of pretty nice separators ones over the years...my fav was at a project in Liberia...snagged two nice bronze valves and a few copper "tees" salvaged from a wrecked building and soldered them into a clean drum....finished the rig with some clear plastic tubing for a sight glass and filler....set it below an overhead fuel tank and kept it topped up via gravity as a "day tank"...

Anyway....best of luck and how about some photos?

Terry

/ Hi from Central Africa #6  
Welcome to the forum.

A separator is the way to go.

/ Hi from Central Africa #7  
Welcome and Greetings to TractorByNet.

/ Hi from Central Africa #8  
Welcome. :)