Old dog, new tricks

/ Old dog, new tricks #1  

moondog22

Tractor
Kioti LK3504, 1941 Farmall M
Hello everyone. Just bought a used Kioti LK3504 after a year of tractor shopping. I am stubborn and did not want to pay top dollar for something brand new. This is a decision based on my current social/financial status, (or lack there of), size of land, (bout 20 acres), and this syndrome that I have that everyone likes to refer to as a bull in a china closet. I can literally tear up and anvil with a rubber mallet. This is what eventually led to my tractor selection. I admit that I developed a misguided opinion about Kioti after breaking my neighbors loader and console on his. His machine seemed cheaply made and lacked the precision and heavy construction that I think a tractor needs. Not to mention, after pushing dirt back on my foundation, and just a few loads of base rock, I had my neighbor hollering at me that I broke his tractor. I climbed out of the hole I was in to inspect his claim, and sure enough, the loader was busted in half and the console was smashed were a cross member had came back against it. Not until I had a local dealer, (trusted guy in the community), spend about an hour showing me his new Kioti's did i start to change my opinion. I finally came across a used one worth the money, and that fit my budget. Kioti LK3504. Found a couple of problems with it so far, but, I will do some digging in the forums and report on them. Good tractor so far, dont like the shuttle shift beside the seat instead of up by the steering wheel due to years of operating a backhoe. Overall, I like the tractor. Old dog new tricks, refers to the old adage, can't teach an old dog new tricks. I don't think this is true, our lives are filled with lessons and humbling experiences that can teach us different regardless of how deep rooted your beliefs or opinions are. You can always learn new things, and despite how stubborn you are, you should always be open to different beliefs than your own. If you own one of these or a different kioti, and have something to share, please feel free to post on this thread or send a message to me directly.

/ Old dog, new tricks #5  
Welcome to the forum.

/ Old dog, new tricks #6  
Welcome to TractorByNet. :tractor: