New to the site

/ New to the site #1  

vtlady52

Tractor
none
My husband and I are preparing ourselves to retire to a homestead.
I heard of the website and think it will be of help to us. We are looking for help with various items.
Among the items we need help with are mini cows, small farm implements and outside wood/gas furnaces.
Happy to be onsite.
Linda

/ New to the site #2  
:welcome: from Texas!

You do realize that "mini cows" are WAY overpriced to get into. Reminds me of when everyone spent too much on ostrich, and then found out, they weren't worth as much as they had hoped.

You will find lots of great folks and help on this site!

/ New to the site #3  
When you "retire" I hope you are not planning on taking it easy. Sounds like you are exchanging one job for another. Miniature cattle have all the maintenance requirements of full size variety. They do eat less. Vet bills are the same. Not to burst your bubble but anyone that says they made a small fortune in miniature cattle went into the proposition with a large fortune. If you want to recover any money at all from your endeavor you will need to belong to a registry. This is to guarantee your potential buyers they are getting quality breeding stock. Contact a miniature cattle association or club for more info.
Good luck.

/ New to the site #4  
Welcome to the TBN forums, there are a lot of people who have done what you are planning who can provide you a lot of good advice and encouragement.

We rent all of our arable land out and don't keep any livestock, so I won't be of much help though.

/ New to the site #6  
Hello & welcome to you both from Iowa.

/ New to the site #9  
Welcome from Canada.

/ New to the site #10  
Welcome:thumbsup: