Jack from CHINA tractor factory, say hello to everyone here

/ Jack from CHINA tractor factory, say hello to everyone here #121  
Surprising you are posting from China and have not yet been arrested by the MSS.

I'm not sure what the point is of comments like this. In my circles, when somebody might be breaking the law, the last thing you do is ask them in public about whether or not they're breaking the law, what they are doing to avoid getting caught, and so forth. But really, most of us have no idea what Internet access in China is like, so who knows what the situation really is.

/ Jack from CHINA tractor factory, say hello to everyone here #122  
As part of my former employers effort to move our jobs overseas we had two Chinese engineers from our China division work in our plant for a year. Over time we became good friends and played a few games of "most rich man".

Both of them were city kids and the idea of a lawn was strange to them. We cranked up the lawn mower and both took their turns doing a big of mowing. Cultural differences can be interesting.

/ Jack from CHINA tractor factory, say hello to everyone here #123  
one more hopefully helpful point Jack.
You own a Jinma yet you call it "rubbish".
We have many Jinma owners on this forum who like their tractors.
One of our little rules is not to bash or criticize tractor brands, because
someone here will own that brand and get offended. If they own a piece of junk,
they are likely to be the first to know it, and don't need being told so in public.

It shouldn't be discussed in this part of the forum, but if you could tell us why
Jinma is not well respected, that would be super helpful.

Try using terms like "lower quality" or whatever is normal for you.

Sort of like going to dinner at a friend's house, and calling their new baby "ugly".
Well, the baby may be ugly, but you never tell the parent that...
Everyone's "baby" is beautiful.

Your opinions are valued.
Have any questions for us?

/ Jack from CHINA tractor factory, say hello to everyone here #124  
   / Jack from CHINA tractor factory, say hello to everyone here #125  
one more hopefully helpful point Jack. You own a Jinma yet you call it "rubbish". We have many Jinma owners on this forum who like their tractors. One of our little rules is not to bash or criticize tractor brands, because someone here will own that brand and get offended. If they own a piece of junk, they are likely to be the first to know it, and don't need being told so in public.

To be fair, Daugen, someone did ask Jack which were the top tractor brands in China. It's usually trouble if someone starts bashing a brand out of the blue. In a context like this, it didn't feel like brand-bashing to me.

/ Jack from CHINA tractor factory, say hello to everyone here #126  
That 15+ lane highway system was impressive. No wonder China is bidding up our fuel cost. In a lot of ways China is in the boom cycle that we had many years ago when making things was booming. I think China being in uncharted waters must make it hard to know how for the leaders to govern. I do see increasing quality from China with increasing pricing so Yin and Yang may have a strong impact on the future.

America's engine of the future to get 'Made in China' label | Fox News

This sounds positive.

Last edited:
   / Jack from CHINA tractor factory, say hello to everyone here #127  
Off topic but this is interesting:

That link links to other interesting engines. One has no crankshaft. It is specialized to produce electricity. As I understand it the connecting rod has a standard piston on one end and a pneumatic piston on the other. A magnet or coil on the con rod and a field coil around it makes a generator.

/ Jack from CHINA tractor factory, say hello to everyone here #128  
To be fair, Daugen, someone did ask Jack which were the top tractor brands in China. It's usually trouble if someone starts bashing a brand out of the blue. In a context like this, it didn't feel like brand-bashing to me.

yes, and that someone was me....
No damage, no foul, just hoping this is helpful to him.
thanks

/ Jack from CHINA tractor factory, say hello to everyone here
one more hopefully helpful point Jack.
You own a Jinma yet you call it "rubbish".
We have many Jinma owners on this forum who like their tractors.
One of our little rules is not to bash or criticize tractor brands, because
someone here will own that brand and get offended. If they own a piece of junk,
they are likely to be the first to know it, and don't need being told so in public.

It shouldn't be discussed in this part of the forum, but if you could tell us why
Jinma is not well respected, that would be super helpful.

Try using terms like "lower quality" or whatever is normal for you.

Sort of like going to dinner at a friend's house, and calling their new baby "ugly".
Well, the baby may be ugly, but you never tell the parent that...
Everyone's "baby" is beautiful.

Your opinions are valued.
Have any questions for us?

Thank you. I revoke those remark about Jinma. My Jinma tractor sometimes was angry with me, but she is really cheap for me. I think she is a mischievous child.

/ Jack from CHINA tractor factory, say hello to everyone here
As part of my former employers effort to move our jobs overseas we had two Chinese engineers from our China division work in our plant for a year. Over time we became good friends and played a few games of "most rich man".

Both of them were city kids and the idea of a lawn was strange to them. We cranked up the lawn mower and both took their turns doing a big of mowing. Cultural differences can be interesting.

yes, few of Chinese family has their lawn.