Jack from CHINA tractor factory, say hello to everyone here

/ Jack from CHINA tractor factory, say hello to everyone here #161  
I think that was in Japan?

its china. they are severly overpopulated. Those children he has looks to be twins anyway so I think that is an exception

/ Jack from CHINA tractor factory, say hello to everyone here #162  
I think that was in Japan?

Japan actually has a big problem right now with declining birth rate, and public officials are trying to figure out how to encourage marriage and babies.

/ Jack from CHINA tractor factory, say hello to everyone here #163  
We have an unspoken one child policy in the USA too if you look at the birth rate of natural born citizens.

/ Jack from CHINA tractor factory, say hello to everyone here #164  
Does China still have its one child per couple policy? How are you allowed two children?

Yes they do but it's a complicated policy with many exemptions, twins being one of them.

/ Jack from CHINA tractor factory, say hello to everyone here #165  
Oh okay, his kids do look like they may be twins.

/ Jack from CHINA tractor factory, say hello to everyone here #166  
We all want to know so much and yet are cautious about what to ask so as to not put Jack in a compromising situation.
Jack, in the US, as you may already know well, we can, within reason and good manners, say pretty much what we want and
about what we want. We do not have censorship in the way that has been ingrained in Chinese culture, due to the politics of your past and present. So if we ask questions, or talk about issues that are uncomfortable for you, please just say you can't talk about that online.

I have to imagine the issue of birth control and population control is both very personal and also political.
No matter what, Jack you have two great kids and may they always be able to play in piles of leaves.
Actually, too soon, they grow up so fast, you can have them help you rake the leaves!

/ Jack from CHINA tractor factory, say hello to everyone here #167  
What a great thread Jack! You have 2 beautiful daughters. I rent a building to a Chinese couple for a restaurant. They told me it is common for the children to be raised by the grandparents while they spend long hours working, is this true? How can a couple of very hard working Chinese raise children if you are never home?

/ Jack from CHINA tractor factory, say hello to everyone here
Jack Yuan are you writing your replys in English or using a translator program? Welcome aboard.

Nice to meet you. Yes, I'm typing most of my English words, sometimes I need the help from google translater.

/ Jack from CHINA tractor factory, say hello to everyone here
Welcome Jack,

I have worked with several people from China here in the US, both men and women. Two of the men have been with the company I work for many years. One is a software engineer, the other designs optics.

Although I am not close friends with these men, I do have a lot of respect for their work ethic. They are the hardest working men in our company and both put in many many hours for their salary while taking very little vacation.

Can you tell me, what is the normal work schedule for different positions in China?
For hourly workers;
Is 40 hours per week normal?
Is overtime paid (time + 1/2) after 40 hours for hourly workers like it is in the US?
How much paid vacation time is given to workers?
How many paid holidays are given?
Paid sick/personal time?

How many hours do salaried workers put in per week?

Kevin

Nice to meet you.

In China, the salary policy is quite different in different company.

Basically, the Chinese law is 8 hours per day and 5 days per week. I think most of company obey this well. from monday to friday, the over time work is paid 1.5 times, in saturday and sunday, the over time work is paid 2 times.

I think there is no paid vacation in most of Chinese company. I think only in those very good company(Sino-foreign joint ventures, Monopoly Industries such like telecom, oil, electricity, railway, highway etc) and government office have paid company. And most company has the paid sick personal time if people have the report from doctor.

For example like me, I worker 6 days per week and 8 hours per day.