bx24

/ bx24 #1  

borrowedmule79

Tractor
2008 Kubota bx24
Hello everyone, l'm looking forward to getting and receiving info on bx24 kubota tractors. I have a 5 acre farm and manage every inch of it. My bx24 is the workhorse around my place and I depend on it daily to get the things done I need to accomplish everyday. I have a fluid leak from the mid p.t.o and would just like some advice on disassembling and reassembling it. I went to engage the mower and fluid started pouring out from around the spline. Any and all help is much needed and would be greatly appreciated...

/ bx24 #2  
Welcome from Ohio

/ bx24 #3  
Welcome to TractorByNet. :tractor:

/ bx24 #4  
did the seal oil mid pto pop out? I'd replace it . new part is 32430-25540. about 8 bucks.
You can try to tap in the old one with a small rubber mallet or rawhide hammer and see if it holds, but I would put in a new one as it would fit better - afterall 8 bucks is cheap fix compared to leaky trans.

/ bx24
Hey there radio man! Yep, I think that's what it is. I took it off at about 6:30 this am before I went to work. The seal looked warped looking as I turned the mid P.T.O and drive shaft with my hands. Like you said, it popped out partially. Imma buy a new seal when I go get fluid tomorrow. I hope that's all that's wrong. That's a pretty simple fix. I kinda feel dumb now, lol... But I post that because I thought it was going to be a major job. When I looked up under there when that happen'd and seen how compact n tight everything is to get to. I was just looking for all the help I could get, but I'll let ya know tomorrow. I really appreciate your time and advice, thanks.

/ bx24
LMAO@your tractor title Robert... "an old m.....f....." I like it, and the project looks to be coming along great... Nice...

/ bx24
yes, it was the seal... i replaced it and all is great... thanks, i really appreciate your advice...