Newby from VA

/ Newby from VA #1  

Redblok

Tractor
JD
I got tired of watching and reading from the wings. I am in the process of finding a tractor. I look forward to all the advice.

Rob

/ Newby from VA #2  
:welcome:

/ Newby from VA #5  
Redblok,

Welcome. You need to first identify the tasks you want to perform.

/ Newby from VA
I have 10 acres that is wooded with a road already cut. Most of the trees are 3-10 inch diameter. Looking to clear 5 acres and plant pasture grass. I plan to cut the trees, move them to a common area using the tractor with a FEL and Grapple and then split the wood. I will rent a PTO wood chipper to handle the excess tree limbs. As far as pulling stumps, I have a 5 ton M923a2 Army truck to pull them. Looking to use the Root Rake Grapple to get out the roots and remaining brush. Once that is done, looking to keep the pasture grass low enough, but not too short.

Since JD is the only place close 20 miles, I have decided to go with a JD. Nearest other competitor is over 90 miles away.

I am considering a new 3038e ($18K) or a used 2012 3520 with power reverser (150hrs) for ($21K.) I am leaning toward the 3038, because with the difference in price, I can get my Root Rake Grapple for $1600 and still have some cash left over. Plus get the 0.00% financing on the new unit.

Thanks