New member in central Texas. 5 acre rough terrain. looking for Tractor. $5k

/ New member in central Texas. 5 acre rough terrain. looking for Tractor. $5k #1  

drtimleary

Tractor
Craftsman DLT 3000
Looking for a reliable Tractor with about 50hp diesel. Front bucket , pto, rear lift. External hydraulic connections. $5k

/ New member in central Texas. 5 acre rough terrain. looking for Tractor. $5k #2  
Welcome aboard. You will have a tough time more than likely finding something "reliable" in that price range. Something 30-40 years old maybe. Good luck. Don't get taken.

/ New member in central Texas. 5 acre rough terrain. looking for Tractor. $5k #3  
Welcome from Wisconsin

/ New member in central Texas. 5 acre rough terrain. looking for Tractor. $5k #4  
Welcome to TBN!
I hate to break the news to you, but it's going to be extremely rare to find what you are looking for in operating shape. Wishing you the best.

/ New member in central Texas. 5 acre rough terrain. looking for Tractor. $5k #5  
You can get an old Massey 135 or 245 diesel in that price range. Maybe a Ford 3000 or IH 544. Lots of these old girls have a ton of life left in them. You won't be able to be picky about the accessories, you gotta take what is available.

/ New member in central Texas. 5 acre rough terrain. looking for Tractor. $5k #7  
Looking for a reliable Tractor with about 50hp diesel. Front bucket , pto, rear lift. External hydraulic connections. $5k

Welcome to TBN. Join the fun:D

My 1964 Massey Ferguson 135 diesel (45 hp engine, 37 hp pto, 2WD, gear tranny with Multipower 12F/4R, 4600 hours showing) cost $3600. No FEL (the 135 is not a particularly good tractor for an FEL--weak front axle and small hydraulic flow, less than 10 gpm). The power assist steering on the 135 is not very strong so working with an FEL would be a bear. You really want true power steering (PS that has an hydraulic cylinder built into the front steering) to do FEL work.

The MF150 is a better choice if you want the FEL. You might be able to find a 150 with FEL and power steering for $5K but it probably would be a beater. $7-8K is more like it.

External hydraulics are relatively easy to install but you need to make sure that the hydraulic pump has enough flow--minimum 5 gpm. My 55 hp Mahindra 5525 has triple rear hydraulic remotes that cost $750 installed by the dealer when I bought the tractor new in 2008. The 5525 hydraulic pump is external and produces about 10.5 gpm.

Good luck.

/ New member in central Texas. 5 acre rough terrain. looking for Tractor. $5k #8  
You need to double your budget if you want to find a 50 HP with 4WD and FEL. 4 WD is needed to be efficient in loading a FEL on a 50 HP tractor. There just isn't enough weight on the rear to handle traction.
A 2 WD tractor in old iron (pre 1980) in 70HP size would handle a FEL ok.
Check out TractorHouse.com for pricing of available tractors. The prices listed my be higher than actual selling price but it will give you an idea of what is available World wide in each model.

/ New member in central Texas. 5 acre rough terrain. looking for Tractor. $5k #9  
Welcome aboard...and as the others have said -- you're not going to find what you want in that price range. Start shopping all over and get a better idea of what you can get for how much. Go look at all the used ones at all the dealers, go to auctions, look online....you get the idea. Educate yourself on what's out there. Considering my lack of mechanical ability, I bought new and simply keep up with preventative maintenance. It has worked for me for 13 years. My thought was that if I went cheap, it would break down on me a lot and I'd end up with $$ in repairs and still have an old POS. It stretched the budget at the time, but I knew when I was going to really need it, and bought it 5 years before so it would be paid off. It was 5 years old and had all of 500 hrs on it when I finally bought the land and started putting it to work.

/ New member in central Texas. 5 acre rough terrain. looking for Tractor. $5k #10  
This is in your area and it is not 50 HP. But IF it is not a scam, and in decent mechanical condition, I would snatch this up in a heartbeat

https://sanmarcos.craigslist.org/grd/4663296033.html

Edit
786 is a Miami number, so be aware of that if you contact them. But it is worth a follow up