My first Kubota tractor B7100D

/ My first Kubota tractor B7100D #1  

jix

Platinum Member
Tractor
2015 Kioti CK2510HST/CAB?loader/bush hog,front blower
We get a lotta snow here, My previous blower was a BERCOMAC on a 650 KAWAI 4x4 ATV. It is not satisfactory, so I picked up a used B7100D with a rear blower and a front blade. :cool::cool:
I am having a custom ROPS cab made, with a heater and wipers, plus a few mods to make more room for my feet. I am a gimpy older man with pretty poor mobility and weak muscles from diabetic complications. :(
The Kubota B7100D is a good compromise and it has a strong 5' rear blower. With 4x 4 capability I forsee no problems with dealing with the darn snow that the government plow shoves across my highway access and the mailbox. :mad:The Kubota is small but very powerful in standard transmission model D. My tractor has only 400 hours of use on its meter, so iot should last as long as I will.;)
Good, used, small Kobota tractors with cabs are very scarce around here:eek:...and surprisingly expensive.. maybe I got lucky.:laughing:

My custom-made, steel, insulated cab will have 8 safety glass windows, full width doors, seals, lights and wiring, and with a port-side boarding step and the seat re-mounted further aft, plus hot water, forced- air heater and safety lights, flood lights. Also included were mods to train the blower chute electrically from inside. Another bonus was installing a joystick hydraulic control console beside the seat.:laughing:
The custom ROPS cab will cost $3500 Canadian, all in.:cool:

My research tells me that is a bargain for turnkey installation hereabouts. All in, the tractor, attachments, mods and cab will cost me $10,300 (Canadian).:eek::eek:

Heh, Heh..now I am farming SNOW!:laughing::laughing:

I am told that it will use about 4 imperial gallons of diesel per winter, plus oil and filter changes.

I have already used the tractor grader blade (which has down pressure and twist hydraulics) to remove some pretty gnarly well established lilac roots. That little tractor surprised me with its power. I think I am going to like it for landscaping and driveway grading.... but not riding into town...lol.

Jix

Last edited:
   / My first Kubota tractor B7100D #2  
Ironic we r both from same town and posting to same topic on this board! Best of luck jix hit me up anytime! ;)

/ My first Kubota tractor B7100D #3  
Consider chains all around to complete the unit. Also remember the dynamo has limited capacity so battery loads have to be watched.:thumbsup:

How will the cab heater circulation be designed?

/ My first Kubota tractor B7100D #5  
Since you only have a dynamo consider only LED lighting.
If a heater is considered use a computer type blower as they use 1 amp or less.

/ My first Kubota tractor B7100D
Hi Fbeach73. I wish that I could have afforded a Kioti CK35 with cab and blower, but nope. Maybe in a cupple years. I live in Tracyville, near the pole plant. Retired on a few crusts a day from the army, but getting by. Snow is bad here cuz the gummint plow fills me in twice every storm and my driveway is 125 feet long.
I hope the B7100 D and rear blower will cope better than the BERCOMAC and ATV did last winter with no cab...brrrr!

Thanks for saying hello, keep touch.

/ My first Kubota tractor B7100D
Since you only have a dynamo consider only LED lighting.
If a heater is considered use a computer type blower as they use 1 amp or less.

I dunno what the current output of my tractor is, PILOON, but it has 600 amp-hr battery. I gotta find that out before I hook up the lights, 5 INCH sealed beam floods x3, switched singly. Use one at a time.
I rarely blow snow in the dark, tho. The heater is an automotive type..used car part probably 5 amp. I will need to put a voltmeter across the battery and watch it. The tractor has a generator driven by a fan belt from the engine, not a magneto. (Is that a Dynamo)

/ My first Kubota tractor B7100D #8  
I am putting heater on my B7100, but since it has no water pump I'm using an electric Bosch heater water pump designed specifically for that purpose to drive water through the heater core. I cut the upper and lower radiator hoses and inserted a length of copper pipe with a 1/2" nipple soldered into the center to tap off hot water.

/ My first Kubota tractor B7100D #9  
great jix, Im sure that unit will serve you well! I was fortunate enough to set aside some web earnings and am now pushing ahead with some land I bought this year at Lake George.
I know your approx whereabouts and can imagine you get the brunt of storms with plows filling you in.
I live off the woodstock road in town, I won't be here much longer though we are hanging windows and finishing up steel siding this week then I can begin the finishing on the inside... Few months away from living OUTTA town ;)
Definitely keep in touch, Ill be following your posts bud, good luck and thanks for having served us!

Hi Fbeach73. I wish that I could have afforded a Kioti CK35 with cab and blower, but nope. Maybe in a cupple years. I live in Tracyville, near the pole plant. Retired on a few crusts a day from the army, but getting by. Snow is bad here cuz the gummint plow fills me in twice every storm and my driveway is 125 feet long.
I hope the B7100 D and rear blower will cope better than the BERCOMAC and ATV did last winter with no cab...brrrr!

Thanks for saying hello, keep touch.