Hello New(kinda) member

/ Hello New(kinda) member #5  
Welcome... time to up that post count... you could easily double it by posting an action pic of your tractor :D

/ Hello New(kinda) member
I am now in the market for a bigger tractor, my NH TC25 has been useful, but it is not enough anymore. I bought it new in 1999 and now it has 975 hrs on it(Not used very hard). When I first bought it I used it mostly for mowing pastures, hauling small squares of hay, and clearing a short driveway in the winter. Over the years we have added to our small farm, our newer house has a 550' driveway, and instead of small squares of hay for horses, we now feed a few beef big round bales. My neighbor cuts and bales my hay for me, but I bring it in from the field and stack it in the barn, then every few days I put one in the feeder. On nice dry days, my NH can handle the job(barely),on wet, icy,snowy,ugly days I have a problem. The undersized NH can barely lift the bales, and I slide sideways trying to get them in the feeder. Many times my back wheels come off the ground, and sometimes both side wheels come off the ground while putting the bale in the feeder. My wife has a rule, that I only give the guys hay, when someone is around to watch, in case I flip the tractor(I guess then someone can call 911).
We also have veggys on about 1-2 acres, and I would love to plant 2-3 acres of corn for our poultry. So a bigger tractor is in order, but I'm not sure how big to go. I've looked at the new NH Boomers but the expense is a bit much. I looked at the TYM T454 cab w/FEL $30,500. The big problem I have with this is the dealer is a one man operation, 35 miles away. I'm not sure how long he will be around. When I went to talk with him he had no brochures, no paperwork, his Mom is his secretary, and just kind of turned me off the way he ran his business.
I've looked at and like the LS XR4046HC ($28,631 Cab and FEL included), the dealer has been selling and servicing mowers and tractors for 22 years, and has just started selling LS 1 year ago. He has a large 8 bay shop, with at least 12-15 employees. Plus he is only about 8 miles from my house. Feel a little better about his situation. I do have a JD dealer about 30 miles away, a Kubota about 20 miles, Case 7 miles, and others I am sure I don't even know about. Any ideas or suggestions would be great. Anyone with an LS 4046, please let me know what you like and dislike about your tractor. I am leaning this way because I like the features for the price. I am not 100% set on a cab, but I think it would be nice on the winter snow days, when I need to clear my driveway, then drive 3 miles to clear my Mother in laws drive, and then clear my sister in laws drive also.