New John Deere 1026 owner

/ New John Deere 1026 owner #1  

wyzguy

Tractor
John Deere 1026
Glad to be a member. I love my new diesel 1026. I have had issues but still love it. I had a Cub cadet 2000 series and liked it also but the diesel is alot more fun. I have started with the mods and am always looking for new improvements. I am looking forward to conversing with you all. I am from Massachusetts if any of you are from the area send me a message.

/ New John Deere 1026 owner #2  
Congratulations! The snowblower is amazing - no more slowing down to feed it so a gasoline engine won't stall! Also you can run a mulching mower for the same reason.

:thumbsup:

/ New John Deere 1026 owner
Congratulations! The snowblower is amazing - no more slowing down to feed it so a gasoline engine won't stall! Also you can run a mulching mower for the same reason.

:thumbsup:

Thanks, I cant wait to use it in the heavy snow.... I was thinking about the mulching kit... Where did you get yours? John Deere or is there a better price somewhere. Dealer told me @200.

/ New John Deere 1026 owner #5  
I had the Deere Dealer install it when I bought the tractor as it was springtime. I told him I didn't want to bag grass anymore, and he said the new mulcher on the 1000 series worked really good, as opposed to some of the earlier versions. He was right! I think my dealer quoted something like $300 installed.

It's not too hard to install - just some blade baffle sheet metal, remove the discharge flap, install plate. You also need the mulcher blades. These look like a food processer blade - they are bent so there are upper cutting blades near the spindle. These are what do the fine mulching.

This kit mulches grass so good it is actually shredded. I never have to fertilize anymore, not to mention empty grass clippings from bags. Plus there is nothing sticking out so you can trim around obstructions from either side of the mower.

It is great!