John Deere 4310 does not go forward or reverse

/ John Deere 4310 does not go forward or reverse #1  

jgraf

Tractor
john deere 4310
I have a 32hp John Deere with the EPowerreverser transmission.
Some days it works just fine, other days it will not go forward or reverse.
I checked the fuses, electrical connections and linkages, found nothing loose.
Appreciate any help.
Thanks Jim

/ John Deere 4310 does not go forward or reverse #2  
Is the electrical connector for the seat sensor plugged in all the way? If it's not making a good connection that too could cause erratic operation.

/ John Deere 4310 does not go forward or reverse #3  
Does the orange light with what looks like a book flash a sequence?

/ John Deere 4310 does not go forward or reverse
Is the electrical connector for the seat sensor plugged in all the way? If it's not making a good connection that too could cause erratic operation.

I checked the seat connection, it seems to be ok, stops engine when in gear and I get up off the seat.
Thanks for the reply, I will double check it.

/ John Deere 4310 does not go forward or reverse #5  
My 4310 will sometimes do that and will throw a blinking code on the check engine light. Usually all I have to do is put the shuttle shift back in neutral position and then pull the gear selection out of gear back into neutral and than back into gear and am good to go. For some reason if the shuttle shift is in fwd or reverse and than move the gear selection from neutral into gear it will throw the code almost all the time on mine.

Might be something worth trying to see it works for you.

Thanks for the e-mail. I tried different gears, moving the reverser to neutral, nothing seems to work. When it is not working I never get the blinking fault code light. Some days it will work just fine for awhile then quits. Even tried kicking it, doesn't work either.

/ John Deere 4310 does not go forward or reverse #7  
Try this. Take the cover off of the forward/reverse pedals under the deck and make sure all the electrical connectors are pushed in all the way. Take each wire and make sure it's pushed into the plastic connectors. Cost me a $250 service call to learn that.

Thanks for the reply. That was the first thing I tried, I pulled the connector apart, checked for corrosion, loose wires, pushed back pins but it all looks good. I had to replace the reverser module last year, but it has been working fine up until last month.

Hi, I finally got an error code today. I do not know how to read it but this is what I got:
1 long flash
2 short flashes
1 more short flash.

thanks Jim

/ John Deere 4310 does not go forward or reverse #10  
I'm going to take it as a one long and three short as there is no other code that comes close. That code is fault code 9 which is "simultaneous command from forward and reverse". Reset action is that "error status will reset when both pedal commands return to zero"

I have no experience with this but am thinking that you have something wrong with one pedal.

Let me redo this as I'm giving you info for a ehydro trany.