New to forum

/ New to forum #1  

hunter townsen

Bronze Member
Tractor
jd 4600 69 Ih td9 dozer with a winch
My name Is Rob and hello. ty for this forum.

I have a lot of experience with repairs and mods, I will try to be of help when time permits. I don't have a lot of time right now. Just wanted to say hello.

JD 4600
Bought new with cash in 1999
Would I buy another one , idk.
Time will tell. but I know I will never own another tractor with plastic body parts.

/ New to forum #6  
[snip]
...I know I will never own another tractor with plastic body parts.

Welcome, Rob!

I hear ya on the plastic, but I try never to say never. :) I'd be surprised if there is any brand of CUT being made these days that isn't using at least some plastic body parts, e.g. rear fenders, cab roofs. Heard one TBN member say recently that he thinks the polymer cab tops make for a lot more sound deadening than metal.

/ New to forum
ty for the welomes ,as far as plastic goes with metal I can at least straighten and repaint if needed. wagtail I live 40 miles from mt st helens lol. Ron the day we stop learning is the day after we die, the day we die, we learned we died ;) After a quick thought on the plastics without anger. I have seen body parts made of plastic on many cars that are repairable. The product used on jd is so brittle it cracks for no reason other than vibration, and once it starts it shatters , my hood started with a half inch crack, to put a quick stop to it , I put a band aid of tin and pop rivets till I could come up with a proper repair, it made no difference within a very short time the hood was in pieces. and yes I drilled out the end of the crack to no avail.

/ New to forum #8  
Hi; My name is Jerry and I live in south central part of Washington.
I own a John Deere 2440, a John Deere 2040 with a fork lift on it and the Massey Ferguson 135 I just got and is going to be for sale very shortly. All are orchard type tractors. The MF 135 has the Perkins 3 cylinder which from what I have read on it, was rated at 45 engine hp. I have to do a little work on the MF as the previous owner could not get the 3 point to work. He had the plate on the side of the case loose and when I got the engine started some of the Transmission fluid ran out and it was really nasty looking. So I am changing that and going to try to put a filter in it.

/ New to forum
Hi Jerry, nice to meet you.
Im not in the market right now , but I may be next year, where are u from, im ne of Portland about 60 miles . I live in the west side foot hills of the cascades. I bird hunt in yakama / Yakima quite a bit. I am interested in varios attachments condition is not a factor.

/ New to forum #10  
Hi Jerry, nice to meet you.
Im not in the market right now , but I may be next year, where are u from, im ne of Portland about 60 miles . I live in the west side foot hills of the cascades. I bird hunt in yakama / Yakima quite a bit. I am interested in varios attachments condition is not a factor.

Hi Hunter Towsen; I am about 60 miles/minutes to the east of Yakima. I don't think I have any attachments, What attachments might you be looking for?
I have the PTO lever plate off my MF 135 and I do not see a filter there. I think my MF135 is a 1971 by the serial number.