Looking for help a kubota L3800hst that shuts off

/ Looking for help a kubota L3800hst that shuts off #1  

Cocoagary

Tractor
Kubota and John deere
it starts great and and you can drive at slower speeds but once you push it down it shuts off

/ Looking for help a kubota L3800hst that shuts off #2  
Change your fuel filter.

/ Looking for help a kubota L3800hst that shuts off #3  
Could it be a seat safety interlock?

/ Looking for help a kubota L3800hst that shuts off #4  
What do you mean "push it down"?

IF that means working it hard, then I would also check the fuel filter.

How many hours?

/ Looking for help a kubota L3800hst that shuts off #5  
You say "push down" which we assume is the HST petal? Does the tractor stall? Do the RPM's pick up when you back off on the pedal?

/ Looking for help a kubota L3800hst that shuts off #6  
This thread is all about this exact symptom. Numerous ideas exist and remedies offered.

I had the problem once, traced it down to the solenoid cutoff valve....the electrical connection to it seemed to be ok BUT when I took it loose and reconnected it, the problem instantly left and has never returned.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/parts-repairs/227561-just-bought-used-kubota-l2800.html

Here is another thread, same symptom, different solution.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/312463-kubota-hst-safety-switch-problem.html

Both of these threads are rather short. Both are worth reading completely and checking off the fixes offered until yours is identified. These two threads cover all the fixes for this problem which I have ever heard about in several years of following TBN.

And, welcome to TBN...:welcome:...exactly the kind of problem we like to "fix"....please let us know what you find...it could help the next member with the same problem.

/ Looking for help a kubota L3800hst that shuts off
Change your fuel filter.

The fuel and the filter are new what it does is it shuts off when you push down on the pedel if you let up it will spring back to life if it stops once I relapse the pedel then I here the auto shut off click

/ Looking for help a kubota L3800hst that shuts off #8  
If I were to raise myself off the seat to see down the trail while moving moving my Kubota will die...

The seat presence safety interlock kicks in because it senses no operator.

The tractor will start and idle fine... I "Can" even creep like this.

But, the moment I step on the Hydro pedal the engine will die unless the seat sensor detects someone on the seat.

There have been posted problems when the seat presence sensor does not work...

Only offered as a suggestion...

Of course... all things normal and loosing power under load would indicate fuel starvation... although this is generally not instantaneous in my limited experience...

/ Looking for help a kubota L3800hst that shuts off #9  
In my opinion your operator presence switch is defective or out of adjustment.. In other words the system believes that your seat is tilted forward so that the engine can still run and you can engage the PTO to operate stationary PTO driven implements. BUT if you touch the hydrostat pedal either forward or reverse out of the neutral position then the engine will shut down by operating the stop solenoid within 1 second.

Long story short the tractor does not think you are in the seat and that it is tilted forward, But the operator detection part of the circuit works or you would not have been able to crank the starter motor. Also the neutral position of the hydrostat pedal works as well or you would not have been able to crank the tractor. Likewise the PTO engaged switch works as well. On some of the tractors there are two separate seat switches, and some have a two stage switch with the two functions. It is the seat tilt function that I believe is not working on your tractor. You might try a tye-wrap.

/ Looking for help a kubota L3800hst that shuts off #10  
After hearing more detail of what its doing, I agree with k0ua. Look at the seat switch