Hello from Croatia, Europe

/ Hello from Croatia, Europe #1  

foler

Tractor
IMT
My name is Daniel, 40 year old, and have in plan to buy around 25 acres (10Ha) land to plant 20.000 Aronia plants. My full time job is IT admin and desktop publishing. Because salary is low here, 1000$, I need very good planning, to invest minimum and get maximum. I think that I will need many DIY to get expenses to minimum and this forum can help me a lot;). At this time I travel across country/neighborhood to see how other farmers work, which/when/why machines use etc...In meantime I help my girlfriend on his 2.5 arce Aronia plantage gathering experience. Biggest problem is in row weed killing.
So, I hope that all will be good, but you know "Man proposes God determines".:)

One video where you can see my training land:D

/ Hello from Croatia, Europe #2  
HI. Welcome. Good luck with your project.

/ Hello from Croatia, Europe #3  
Welcome to TBN. Dubrovnik is one of the most amazing places I've ever been!!!

I had to google what Aronia is and it came up as a choke berry. What do you do with it? Here in the US, it's kind of a weed and it grows wild all over the place. I'm surprised that you would bother weeding around it because it's so aggressive.

/ Hello from Croatia, Europe
Dubrovnik is nice as city, but on Croatian sea you can see much nicer places. D have the best PR.
Aronia is healthiest fruit and have good price here if you have good amount (2$ per kg). You can make juice which cost as much as 15$ here. But I am interested in wholesale. Purchasers have own harvester and truck. In first 3 year you need to kill weeds to remove competition for faster growing Aronia.

/ Hello from Croatia, Europe #5  
Welcome! I have to agree with Eddie - not my favorite (now that I know what it is). It is amazing how something can be popular in one part of the world and not all over - different tastes.

/ Hello from Croatia, Europe
Welcome! I have to agree with Eddie - not my favorite (now that I know what it is). It is amazing how something can be popular in one part of the world and not all over - different tastes.

why aronia is not popular i dont know. I like numbers because numbers is fact. If you see the amount of minerals and vitamins in aronia i cant understand why is not more represented in market. taste is not as good as in strawberries but you can drink it. but, all is about the money. better to sowing aronia than corn or wheat. price per kg is minimum 10x with little more work and i dont need to prepare soil every year, again and again.

/ Hello from Croatia, Europe #7  
Welcome to the forum. :welcome: I hope to hear good things about your aronia project! :)