Hello from the new guy!

/ Hello from the new guy! #1  

Uncle Hulka

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2555 HST, 2555L FEL
Hi everyone, and thanks for letting me become a part of this great community. I've been involved with tractors for a few decades and have been blesseed to have owned a wide variety over the years. My first was a Case VAC, which was coincidentally the first tractor I ever pulled a stone boat with. I imagine it must have been quite a sight to see a 6' 2" 300-lb guy on a little-bitty VAC. I ended up breaking the homemade drawbar on my 3rd pull, but I had a ball!

Collecting and trading tractors became a real passion. Some of the ones I remember most fondly:

Farmall H
Farmall Super M-TA
McCormick Super W6-TA
McCormick Super WD-R9
John Deere 820 w/Pony Motor (Black Dash)
John Deere 4300

I'm without a tractor for the first time in years and I am actually considering buying my first brand new tractor to help me deal with the New England Winter snow. With my budget, I'm leaning towards a Mahindra. Seems to offer a decent tractor for the dollar. I'll post my decision in the appropriate forum, but for now, I just wanted to tell you a little about me and say 'Hi!'!

Thanks,
Uncle Hulka

/ Hello from the new guy! #2  
Welcome, it sounds like you have a lot of experience to share on the site in future posts. Good luck shopping for a newe one!

/ Hello from the new guy! #3  
:welcome:
To TBN Uncle Hulka. Go ahead and get that new toy....I mean tractor.

/ Hello from the new guy!
Thanks, guys! You sure know how to make the new kid on the block feel welcome!

/ Hello from the new guy! #6  
Welcome to the forum Uncle Hulka. I hope you find the perfect tractor!

:welcome: