john deere compact won`t run

/ john deere compact won`t run #1  

pcrocker

Tractor
john deere 4210 compact
problem : John Deere 4210 compact 3 cylinder yanmar diesel. Tractor starts and will run for 10 minutes and the bog down and quit. If I wait an hour it will restart and run ok for another 10 min. checked tank cap. checked for plugged hoses from tank.

/ john deere compact won`t run #2  
Change the fuel filters. sounds like the supply is dropping off. Any air flow restriction?

/ john deere compact won`t run #4  
Change the fuel filters. sounds like the supply is dropping off. Any air flow restriction?

G'day Mate and welcome to TBN from Downunder.

Agree, something is restricting the fuel flow. Any water indication?

/ john deere compact won`t run #5  
As stated; check fuel supply starting from inside the tank. Leave tank cap off and run. See if it shuts down.

/ john deere compact won`t run #6  
:welcome:

You should find plenty of help here on the TBN forum. I'm going to move your thread on over to the JD section in case you still need more advice.

/ john deere compact won`t run #7  
:welcome: to TBN

If your tractors rotary inj pump is similar to other rotary IP's that I've been around if check valve(parts key 22) is plugged engine will act as you describe. I'd suggest to remove hose from fuel fitting(parts key 21) or at top of fuel tank to determine if fuel return circuit is plugged while engine is running

Attachments

• MP25225________UN27JUN01.gif
    MP25225________UN27JUN01.gif
    21.4 KB · Views: 95
   / john deere compact won`t run #8  
Second the motion to change fuel filters. If it still acts up, siphon fuel from tank and inspect tank outlet. On my 4010, I had some wax globules partly stopping the fuel flow. This was in winter. Not too likely not but not out of this world.

Ralph

/ john deere compact won`t run

no air restrictions; tried it without air filters still seems that it is choking down will idle but when open throttle it starts missing and blue smoke comes from the exhaust

/ john deere compact won`t run
Tried with fuel cap off. I believe the problem is an ejector sticking. will start and idle normally. will even run on half throttle for a little while but will start missing and blue smoke comes from the exhaust. checked the oil level. not above normal. poured 32 oz of lucas injector cleaner. semed to help. will run a little longer at full throttle but still loads up and misses but will clear up and run a little while before it happens again.