Hello from Northern California

/ Hello from Northern California #1  

hangdiver

Tractor
1975 Ford 4000 sos, 1951 Ford 8n
I just bought a 1975 Ford 4000 sos and a rz60 bush hog mower...neither one was running so I got them for a good price.
I replaced the starter, solenoid and battery on the tractor with supposedly 10-12 hours on a complete engine rebuild...it fired right up and everything seems to work...the bush hog ran into something and needs a couple of 3 point A frame parts that are on order. After fixing the bush hog and replacing the trans filter and fluid in the tractor I will hopefully be happily mowing with my new old tractor.

Great site by the way...and I would like to thank all of the contributors for all the great advice and knowledge that you share here. :)

hangdiver

/ Hello from Northern California #2  
:welcome:
To the TBN forum Hangdiver. Glad you joined this great forum.

/ Hello from Northern California #3  
Welcome to TBN from Ea WA.

/ Hello from Northern California #7  
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on getting that Ford running! :thumbsup:

:welcome:

/ Hello from Northern California
Thanks for the welcome everyone...never thought I would own a tractor...now I have two...my girlfriend bought 5.5 flat acres of old walnut orchard for a new house site...to be built at a later date...we disc it last year with the 8n...man that beat the crap out of both of us...I can't imagine doing 40 acres with that 8n...farmers are a tough bunch indeed.

see you all in the forums...

hangdiver

/ Hello from Northern California #10  
Welcome to TBN. Enjoy the fun:thumbsup: