New guy from West Texas

/ New guy from West Texas #1  

Maxcustody

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 3032e
Found this site researching how to use my box blade.....just moved from Virginia to West Texas. I bought a JD 3032e package. I am a complete newbie. Looking forward to learning a lot from this site. Here are some pics. Tractor, box blade, brush hog and 20 Ft trailer.

20160909_170721_001.jpeg20160909_170702.jpeg20160909_170721_001.jpegIMG_20160909_183915.jpegIMG_20160909_184559.jpeg

/ New guy from West Texas #2  
Wow! You dove in head first. :) Even your place looks new. Welcome to the affliction. Used to go through Big Springs all the time on the way to Colorado. There's some long stretches of nothingness on US 87 until you get up your way. Lot of large farms up there so the soil must be good if you have plans to farm or garden. Don't be a stranger and be sure to post more pictures. Pictures are always good. Some of these guys can't read. :laughing:

/ New guy from West Texas #3  
G'day Mate and welcome to TBN from Downunder.

Enjoy the site... and ta for the pics! Even your float is JD green!

Two things (right away), get yourself an iMatch quick hitch for the 3 point hitch (3PH) as it'll make things a breeze for swapping back there... mind you, it won't help with connecting to the power take off (PTO) as that can result in your using every "cuss word" in your vocabulary. The other is (if you've got a cement pad in your shed) to mount castor wheels to some pallets & store your implements on them.

/ New guy from West Texas #4  
:welcome: to TBN from NH.
Talk about brand new start. :thumbsup:

/ New guy from West Texas
Wow! You dove in head first. :) Even your place looks new. Welcome to the affliction. Used to go through Big Springs all the time on the way to Colorado. There's some long stretches of nothingness on US 87 until you get up your way. Lot of large farms up there so the soil must be good if you have plans to farm or garden. Don't be a stranger and be sure to post more pictures. Pictures are always good. Some of these guys can't read. :laughing:
Thanks, Yes we did...new house too. Lots to do. Going to be putting in a gravel drive to the barn. Yesterday is the first time on the tractor. I am learning as I go.
IMG_20160924_170911.jpeg20160924_154017.jpeg20160924_154214.jpegIMG_20160911_133111.jpeg20160903_155803.jpeg

G'day Mate and welcome to TBN from Downunder.

Enjoy the site... and ta for the pics! Even your float is JD green!

Two things (right away), get yourself an iMatch quick hitch for the 3 point hitch (3PH) as it'll make things a breeze for swapping back there... mind you, it won't help with connecting to the power take off (PTO) as that can result in your using every "cuss word" in your vocabulary. The other is (if you've got a cement pad in your shed) to mount castor wheels to some pallets & store your implements on them.
Thanks, I appreciate the suggestions.

/ New guy from West Texas #8  
I really like that barn! (House ain't bad either). :) I sure would like to see what's going on in the post foundation area. Is that part walled off from the concrete floor area? Gravel? Dirt floor? Access to outside for hay storage?

I went with cheap corrugated panels when I built mine and it's showing it's age. I need one of those! :dance1:

/ New guy from West Texas #9  
Welcome to the forum.

I always said "go big or go home" I think you went big, got all the cool stuff.

And CCWKEN; your last sentence was a hoot. Almost spit my coke out.:laughing: (from your first post)

I really like that barn! (House ain't bad either). :) I sure would like to see what's going on in the post foundation area. Is that part walled off from the concrete floor area? Gravel? Dirt floor? Access to outside for hay storage?

I went with cheap corrugated panels when I built mine and it's showing it's age. I need one of those! :dance1:
Here are some more pics. Right now just my ATV trailer and moving boxes. There are 2 large roll up doors one on each end of the barn so you can drive through and a walk through door.
20160925_115102.jpeg20160925_115209.jpeg20160925_115155.jpeg20160925_115137.jpeg