Hello from mechanic in Texas with experience with farm machinery

/ Hello from mechanic in Texas with experience with farm machinery #1  

adsittler

Tractor
Ferguson TO30 (formerly)
I am currently living on a small lot in Bedias, TX with dreams of garden and orchard.
I lived in NM a few decades back on my father in law's farm. I was a total wash out as a farmer, but had some success with vegetable garden and I helped my neighbors by fixing farm machinery and household appliances, especially refrigerators.
I got pretty deep into the innards of old tractors including repairing the three point hitch hydraulics in 8N, 9N, and TO30 tractors. I was impressed by the beauty of the design in the pumps especially but in the whole system in general.
I became interested in the forum when I saw a discussion about problems in the three point hitch system where the diagnoses did not correspond with the symptoms in my experience. The thread is probably a dead issue since the last responses were back in 2012. I hope the original poster got the problem fixed correctly. The fix is actually pretty simple but requires work in the hydraulic pump.
I am interested in yaupon because it is the only plant native to North America which produces caffeine. I would like to test and select for flavor and caffeine content. Yaupon tea is actually quite drinkable, though it tends to have a very "green" flavor. It also provides habitat for wildlife and the berries provide food for some of our feathered friends.

/ Hello from mechanic in Texas with experience with farm machinery #2  
:welcome:
To the TBN forum Adsittler. We are glad that you decide to join with us. So, can we come to you with our tractor problems?

/ Hello from mechanic in Texas with experience with farm machinery #3  
:welcome: Nice to hear you're a tractor mechanic. You'll probably be quite popular around here.

/ Hello from mechanic in Texas with experience with farm machinery #4  
G'day Mate and welcome to TBN from Downunder.

Enjoy the site.

/ Hello from mechanic in Texas with experience with farm machinery #5  
I am interested in yaupon because it is the only plant native to North America which produces caffeine. I would like to test and select for flavor and caffeine content. Yaupon tea is actually quite drinkable, though it tends to have a very "green" flavor. It also provides habitat for wildlife and the berries provide food for some of our feathered friends.

Welcome to TBN
Ahh the old Indian black drink. I always wondered why they called it the black drink it is an amber green. I think they must have added something else to it also to induce vomit and thats how the plant got the name: Ilex vomitoriallex[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]. [/FONT]How do you find the caffeine content. I have several types of Youpon on my property also, let us know your results.

/ Hello from mechanic in Texas with experience with farm machinery #7  
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for joining us :)

Yaupon sounds interesting. I hope you find the perfect variety.

/ Hello from mechanic in Texas with experience with farm machinery #8  
Welcome, I also am new and have property near Field Store, TX, not too far from Bedias. We have two friends who have recently built in Bedias. Just took my tractor in for hydraulic leaks, a Farmtrac which is based off the Ford Tractor. My place has lots of Yaupon.