New in Texas.

/ New in Texas. #1  

arlonm

Tractor
Mahindra 4530, Allis Chalmers 5020
Pretty new to the tractor world. Have an old Craftsman/Kohler lawn tractor with a "Johnny Bucket". Great for it's intended purpose around the yard (Midland, Texas sand and no rocks). Recently bought a few acres in the Texas Hill Country (mostly side of a hill, all rocks and no sand). Got an old Allis Chalmers 5020 that does a lot of what I need to do but then I ran across a nice 2011 Mahindra 4530 with a backhoe that will do more than I need so I got it too. I'm old so the "old school" style of the Mahindra has a lot of appeal to me and it looks to be built like a tank when compared to the AC.

I suspect the AC will get sold off to defray the cost of the Mahindra. Never used a backhoe, never used much more than the garden tractor. I'll probably have more than a few stupid questions before I start to get it figured out.

/ New in Texas. #2  
:welcome: It sounds like you've come to the right place!

/ New in Texas. #3  
Glad to have you join us. I haven't been to Midland in several years now, but my grandson just recently moved out there from Ft. Worth.

/ New in Texas. #5  
:welcome: to TBN...enjoy.

/ New in Texas.
The 4530 grew three sizes when it was delivered. It looked smaller sitting by itself in a big open lot.. It's a bit wider and taller than I thought! I've already found a few places that are going to be harder to get this tractor into. Glad I kept the old AC tractor. It may still serve a purpose too.

Attachments

• xIMG_4407.jpg
    xIMG_4407.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 51
   / New in Texas. #8  
I think you will get used to the size quickly. That tractor is not so big that it cant be used in almost all places. They always look bigger on the trailer.
Welcome to TBN by the way. I love my Kubota B26 and rarely use my LS P7010 since I purchased the B26.

Everyone needs one big and one small tractor regardless of what size the big is, a smaller one is always good to have for the little stuff.

/ New in Texas. #9  
Welcome to the Hill Country! You have some great neighbors! LOL!

/ New in Texas.
Welcome to the Hill Country! You have some great neighbors! LOL!
Yea, those noisy ones that party till like 9pm all the time.. (-:}