New tractor user in Texas

/ New tractor user in Texas #1  

Teleplayer

Tractor
Kubota B6200
Hello, all,
I have been a long time user of "lawn tractors" and have found myself needing more functionality than they can provide. Specifically, I need to make a gravel driveway, a patio and possibly some garden beds. After seeing how much it would cost to have other people do this for me, I decided that I should spend about 1/3 the money and buy a decent used tractor and some ground engaging tools and figure this out for myself.

I bought a rebuilt Kubota B6200 that will be delivered on Saturday. The family I am buying it from was happy to show me just about everything in and around this tractor. I believe the young man who actually did the work is looking to earn some college or car money. From what I know of cars, I was able to look at the work done to the tractor and say that this young man did a great job in preparing the tractor.

I look forward to acquiring some attachments and begin working on some projects in my yard that go beyond mowing and weed trimming and will make a real difference toward making my home more of what I want it to be. I don't think a tractor is a magic pill, but even the 15hp Kubota B6200 will bring me much closer to my goal than the Craftsman lawn tractor I am using now. Not to knock the Craftsman, it is a wonderful mower, and since I swapped the rear tires from turf to ag, I no longer get bogged down over the leach field... well, not as frequently anyway :)

Steve

/ New tractor user in Texas #2  
Welcome to the forum!

/ New tractor user in Texas #4  
Welcome to the forum!

I hope you find plenty of uses for that Kubota :)

/ New tractor user in Texas
Thanks, everyone! I look forward to asking a bunch of questions and perhaps one day being able to answer some!

/ New tractor user in Texas #7  
:welcome: to TBN...enjoy.

For more specs. on your B6200 check out tractordata.com

/ New tractor user in Texas #8  
Welcome to TBN! Make sure you check out the kubota forum. Lots of great info!