Good Afternoon

/ Good Afternoon #1  

lootiejay

Tractor
Kubota L2501 HST
Hi, I am from North Carolina. I recently purchased an 11 acre plot of land which is to be my forever home. I have cleared about 1 acre which contains my home, the rest is all wooded.
I have a 400 foot dirt driveway that will need maintenance and I plan to have a SMALL number of goats at some point in the not so distant future. I have never driven a tractor in my life but I am pretty sure that I will need one!
I hope some of you will be able to assist me with choosing my first tractor!

/ Good Afternoon #2  
get at least 28 hp with an fel color doesn't matter a good dealer and the right fit for your comfort is more important.Also look at an hst model they are very user friendly. good hunting.

/ Good Afternoon #4  
:welcome:
To the TBN forum Lootiejay. We are glad that you joined.

As 3gunr said, find a good dealer and drive each model before buying to get a feel for the tractor. Since at 28hp you will be in a DPF tractor, I would suggest looking at a 30-40hp tractor as that will give you more stability and lift capacity.

/ Good Afternoon #5  
:welcome: to TN...enjoy.
Plenty of TBN'ers w/great advice just ask a way.

/ Good Afternoon #6  
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum! We're always happy to help with tractor selection :)

/ Good Afternoon #7  
Welcome to TBN. You will seldom hear anyone say, my tractor is just too large or has too much hp. It does happen as my 91 hp is too large to use to mow my yard. I have a Kubota B2710 which is 27 hp and like it for 55 gallon sprayer, using rear finishing mower, landscape rake. Do not have fel. Couple of week ago visited my brother in law and used hisJD with I think 41 hp and realized, man wish I could afford to swap my 27 hp for 41 hp!

Big difference in ability to pull box blade between the two tractors. FEL was very decent on the 41 hp JD. I really suggest even if you must rent try the suggested 28 hp range but also try near 40 hp also.

/ Good Afternoon #8  
Welcome to the forum! You will be able to get a lot of good information here to help you narrow down your equipment

/ Good Afternoon
I have been doing alot of reading since my initial post. I want to thank everyone who has tried to help, as well as the many posts about a variety of things I would have never even thought to ask. I am looking at purchasing an L2510 kubota.

I need something with decent weight, being that I will be using it to maintain my 400 foot gravel / dirt driveway as well as assiting in cutting and maintaining some trails in the woods and opening up my property and mowing as well.

I would get something more powerful but all of those appear to be out of my budget at the moment. I do not mind if things take longer as long as I am able to do them.

If anyone has any pointers feel free to throw them at me, I wont get offended

/ Good Afternoon #10  
Welcome aboard.