New/Old Deere

/ New/Old Deere #13  
:welcome: to TBN.
You done good...real good get such a horse for that price. :thumbsup:

You got a good deal, but upon closer look, that poor backhoe bucket looks like an old man with just 1 bottom tooth left.... :)

If you are mechanically inclined, you might want to look into rebuilding your own hydraulic cylinders since you have so many.

/ New/Old Deere #14  
You got a good deal, but upon closer look, that poor backhoe bucket looks like an old man with just 1 bottom tooth left.... :)

If you are mechanically inclined, you might want to look into rebuilding your own hydraulic cylinders since you have so many.
I have the same backhoe (photo), made by ARPS in the late 70's then sold as OEM Deere, Kubota, Yanmar, and maybe other brands.

I've replaced a tooth tip (removable, replaceable) after one fell off, and replaced a dribbly seal where the piston enters the boom cylinder. These are extremely easy to work on and parts are generic US stuff available at any hydraulic shop. Don't be afraid to do your own work. The only tip that isn't obvious is get a HF 3 or 4 ft pipe wrench and add a cheater pipe to unscrew the hydraulic cylinder end caps. (I learned this after paying my local hydraulics shop open a loader cylinder for me. After seeing that that I bought the cheap HF version of the same wrench they used). And leave the cylinder and piston attached while wrenching so you have something to resist against!

Here's a recent discussion of that Kubota K650 backhoe model, over in the Yanmar forum where three of us have/had that model.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/yanmar/394403-new-owner-ym165-5.html#post5095429