Emoticons get broken after editing.

/ Emoticons get broken after editing. #1  

TerryinMD

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 4100 HST
I replied to a post and noticed that I made a mistake (oh heaven forbid!! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif) after I submitted the reply. So, I edited the reply and the Emoticons were broken!! /w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif Here is the last sentence of the post.

<font color=blue>If you on a hill, just make sure that the tractor rests against a tree without setting the parking brake. [image]/w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif[/image]</font color=blue>

Something is broken!!

Terry

/ Emoticons get broken after editing.
Here is the actual discussion <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=buyjd&Number=109164&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=7&fpart=>link</A>

Terry

/ Emoticons get broken after editing. #3  
You may have done this already, but did you try replacing the
[ image ]/w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif[ /image ] tag with the [ eyes ] tag? /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif

No, that would probably work. However, you don't see the problem until the edit is submitted. I hadn't edited the emoticons, just some text to correct my grammar.

What I was trying to communicate was that they emoticon got broken after the edit was submitted. I have seen similar tags in other postings and didn't think much about it.

Terry

/ Emoticons get broken after editing. #5  
Yes, I did notice the problem. I just thought I'd give you a "fix" to correct it from your end.

The workaround may be good, but will the workaround then break another emoticon.

You've perked my interest.... the analyst/programmer in me does not go away... /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Let's see what happens.

Terry

Gatorboy,

Your suggestion was successful /w3tcompact/icons/king.gif - the edit did not break the emoticons.

Terry

/ Emoticons get broken after editing. #8  
I reported the same problem a month ago in <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=support&Number=99662&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1>this thread</A>.

Muhammad has never let me down, so I'm still patiently waiting for a reply.
wink.gif

/ Emoticons get broken after editing. #9  
Yes, we'll get to fixing this soon...

/ Emoticons get broken after editing. #10  
At the risk of being banished forever......I sure hope that 'Soon' ain't the same 'Soon' that was used on the pics that never showed up from the year '2000'! /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif