WHO IS DONOTDELETE?????

/ WHO IS DONOTDELETE????? #1  

Rivco

Silver Member
OK, :confused:
My curiosity has finally gotten the best of me. While reading through different threads through out the TBN site I keep seeing a certain member by the name of ...DONOTDELETE popping up and posting threads and replies. When I look at his/her ???? profile it has a join date of 12/31/1969 and a last time visited date of 12/31/1969. Whats up with that????:mad:
How about fixing the problem, by deleting all posts / threads authored by DONOTDELETE , or better yet close the membership!!!, or ban them for life!!!:p This has been going on for a long time now, (HENCE----THE NAME DONOTDELETE ) and it's beginning to get a little annoying!!!! I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels this way!!! :D

Last edited:
   / WHO IS DONOTDELETE????? #2  
I think it's funny he has been here on TBN before Al Gore invented the internet :D
and I think it's one of the mods or admin here, he has lots of post and no post count :D
will the real DONOTDELETE please step forward :eek:
and With a small search here, he has over 5,000 post
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/search.php?searchid=878006

/ WHO IS DONOTDELETE?????
MrJimi said:
I think it's funny he has been here on TBN before Al Gore invented the internet :D
and I think it's one of the mods or admin here, he has lots of post and no post count :D
will the real DONOTDELETE please step forward :eek:
and With a small search here, he has over 5,000 post
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/search.php?searchid=878006

I had to go back to look at one of his/her posts/threads... and you're right...0 post count!!! what's up with that???:confused: :eek: :p :mad: I think "the powers to be" should change the members name to JUSTDELETED
I THINK YOU ARE RIGHT IT'S ONE OF THE MODS OR ADMINISTRATORS HERE !! :D

Last edited:
   / WHO IS DONOTDELETE????? #4  
Click here for a thread with an explanation from this past March. Search is your friend.:)

MikePA said:
Click here for a thread with an explanation from this past March. Search is your friend.:)

Thanks for the link and explanation Mike !:) , but why hasn't the problem been addressed?. So far I have found at least two members being labeled DONOTDELETE. It would seem to me that the Administrators could just have these few ( or maybe several...who knows ) members register with a new name. I know it was a software glitch when the new format was installed, but there must a easy solution. It gets confusing when someone is reading a post or thread and you find out that it was authored by different members with the same name (DONOTDELETE):confused:

/ WHO IS DONOTDELETE????? #6  
Rivco said:
Thanks for the link and explanation Mike !:) , but why hasn't the problem been addressed?. So far I have found at least two members being labeled DONOTDELETE. It would seem to me that the Administrators could just have these few ( or maybe several...who knows ) members register with a new name. I know it was a software glitch when the new format was installed, but there must a easy solution. It gets confusing when someone is reading a post or thread and you find out that it was authored by different members with the same name (DONOTDELETE):confused:
The last post in that thread that Mike linked to pretty much answers your question. Here it is again....

Muhammad
Forum Master
m_admin.gif

icon1.gif
Re: What's With DONOTDELETE?
During a forum conversion, a bunch of "anonymous" posts got changed to "DONOTDELETE" when one of our table fields got messed up, or something. Easier to just leave it than try to fix all the posts with the correct poster names.

/ WHO IS DONOTDELETE????? #7  
MossRoad said:
....During a forum conversion, a bunch of "anonymous" posts got changed to "DONOTDELETE" when one of our table fields got messed up, or something. Easier to just leave it than try to fix all the posts with the correct poster names.....

Actually, I was not registered at the time I wrote the one post that has one donotdelete as the poster. My name is however, within the post.

I registered a few days after that posting, thinking I would hang around for a while, if my Tractor didn't kill me.....

-Mike Z.

/ WHO IS DONOTDELETE????? #8  
MossRoad said:
....During a forum conversion, a bunch of "anonymous" posts got changed to "DONOTDELETE" when one of our table fields got messed up, or something. Easier to just leave it than try to fix all the posts with the correct poster names.....

Actually, I was not registered at the time I wrote the one post that has one donotdelete as the poster. My name is however, within the post.

I registered a few days after that posting, thinking I would hang around for a while, if my Tractor didn't kill me.....

-Mike Z.

/ WHO IS DONOTDELETE????? #9  
In the early days of the forum you could post without registering. If you were unregistered you would be listed as "anonymous" in the threads. These are the source of the DoNotDelete.

I took MR and MikePA's advice and did a search to find the answer I was looking for. My DONOTDELETE mystery has been solved.:D