Is there a problem with the database?

/ Is there a problem with the database? #1  

froggy

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD4320 with TNT, electric diverter, cruise control and air suspension seat.
Have been getting this message in the Kubota forum:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, you@example.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

/ Is there a problem with the database?
Just tried again and was able to read the thread. Guess it was just a glitch.

/ Is there a problem with the database? #3  
Nope, I've gotten the same error two nights in a row. It usually last about 2-5 minutes and then I can get on again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, you@example.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

/ Is there a problem with the database? #4  
So do any mods or admins actually look at this section and reply??!

/ Is there a problem with the database? #5  
Now there's a big difference in the "mods" and the "admins".;) The moderators are not employees and some of us are far from being computer experts and we don't have the ability to "fix" problems such as this. Incidentally, the same thing happened to me twice this morning when I was using the "search" feature. Each time, I clicked on the "back" arrow, then "submit" again and it worked the second time. Why? I haven't the foggiest idea.

/ Is there a problem with the database? #6  
Bird said:
Now there's a big difference in the "mods" and the "admins".;) The moderators are not employees and some of us are far from being computer experts and we don't have the ability to "fix" problems such as this. ...

And some of the mods are computer experts and still cannot fix problems because none of the mods have access to the software or hardware. Only the owners of the website and their staff have access to that. TBN mods can only report system problems to the TBN owners just like any other TBN member. The mods' powers are limited to moving posts to different forums, editing posts for content(language, correcting bad links, changing huge in-line attachements to links, etc..), merging similar posts and locking posts to further replies.

However, the mods are always willing to give a friendly acknowledgment of problems and send a PM to the owners to let them know of potential problems.;)

/ Is there a problem with the database? #7  
Too many people having direct access to the infrastructure of the TBN web operations would create chaos quickly, trust me.

The iuissue that has been noted is apparently intermittment, and does not seem to affect every user, every time.

The error has to do with the MySQL databases, I believe, and could be one of many issues. Nor am I the one who deals with such issues.

A response was not forthcoming today because both Ibrahim & Muhammad are out of town, and unable to respond unless the entire site itself were to go down.

We have 24x7 tech staff to deal with the overall coding and programming of the site, besides the owners and moderators.

In my own experience this particular error is sometimes related to rebuilding of the database indexes. With almost 1.5 million posts and allied members' records, rebuilding can take a half hour or more depending on many factors. Going into the processes of a database of this size is no trivial matter.

So, long story short, please keep informing us of this error if you encounter it again. It may be that while indexing (specially overnight) this error will occur while the database goes into a "locked" mode which is required for a full rebuilding process.

Ibrahim & Muhammad will be back around 10 pm Pacific Time, and I am sure someone will promptly be dispatched to look into the issue further.

Thanks for your understanding.

/ Is there a problem with the database? #8  
Good information guys! Thanks for letting us know what was going on.