Numerous errors and very slow load times tonight

/ Numerous errors and very slow load times tonight #1  

Pushing_Tin

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 3320
I have gotten repeated "explorer cannot dislpay this website" errors tonight. I also posted a lengthy reply and it did the same thing. This is the only website I am having trouble with. :confused: :confused:

/ Numerous errors and very slow load times tonight
Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:
Check your Internet connection. Try visiting another website to make sure you are connected.

Retype the address.

Go back to the previous page.

More information

/ Numerous errors and very slow load times tonight #3  
Pushing_Tin said:
I have gotten repeated "explorer cannot dislpay this website" errors tonight. I also posted a lengthy reply and it did the same thing. This is the only website I am having trouble with. :confused: :confused:

I had this same issue a few weeks back. By the time I finished sending one of the other members an e-mail to see if he was having the same problem, it was back up. You got this message through.....is it back up totally now, or intermittent? Dyer, retired

Seems to be fine this morning. It was taking up to 60 seconds to load, if it did load, otherwise I would just get the other error I posted.

I have a 10mbs connection and all other sites were fine.

/ Numerous errors and very slow load times tonight #5  
I believe it's been posted before that database backups occur late at night/early morning. If that were occurring, that'd explain the problems.

/ Numerous errors and very slow load times tonight #6  
2 or 3 times while i am looking at TBN a box comes up "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close" . This happens daily but not on any other site .

MikePA said:
I believe it's been posted before that database backups occur late at night/early morning. If that were occurring, that'd explain the problems.

That's lame, I visit between 10-20 message boards a day, and all of them combined are not as problematic as this site is for me.

/ Numerous errors and very slow load times tonight #8  
Look at the number of members at TBN compared to the number of people who have problems. I've never had a problem nor have the vast majority of others. Logic dictates the problem is not with the site.

MikePA said:
Look at the number of members at TBN compared to the number of people who have problems. I've never had a problem nor have the vast majority of others. Logic dictates the problem is not with the site.

Was this reply supposed to be helpful in some way?

There have been others. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/news-feedback/120138-problem-viewing-topics.html

Most people just shrug their shoulders and leave the site until the next day. I am trying to improve it for everyone. Logic should dictate that too. :rolleyes:

/ Numerous errors and very slow load times tonight #10  
Pushing_Tin said:
Was this reply supposed to be helpful in some way?
Yes, but I'll state it a little more succinctly. The problem is on your end. The vast majority of people, with 1000s of posts have never had a problem. Maybe the site was having a problem at the time. Maybe your Internet connection had a problem at the time. Maybe your browser had a problem at the time. Exactly how can anyone determine the cause? I offered one possibility and you responded with attitude. That's lame.