constantly getting logged out

/ constantly getting logged out #1  

slaveToHorses

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 2355, JD 3720, JD LX280
In the last few days I keep getting logged out.
I will log in then check a few threads and look up and notice that I am no longer logged in.
It is getting really annoying.

/ constantly getting logged out #2  
Probably need to delete all cookies and then log in again. You can do it manually from your browser, or at this page.

/ constantly getting logged out #3  
I don't want to jinx myself but it's been a few weeks since I've been automatically logged out. Prior to that it was happening on a regular basis. I defragmented my hard drive about three weeks ago. I still was getting logged out. I defragmented again about two weeks ago and I have not been automatically logged out since.

Don

/ constantly getting logged out #4  
I had a problem with this site automatically logging me out, especially if I did a search... Started about three months ago, quit about two weeks ago. I haven't had this problem on any other site?!?

I can't narrow down what changed to make it work again but I did have a virus (worm) :eek:on my PC that I had to do some major cleanup to get rid of. As part of that process I cleaned my registry, deep scans using a couple of anti-virus SW (Malwarebytes) and completely cleaned out temporary documents, cookies, etc.

The virus I had did not cause the logout but maybe something that I deleted (temporary file or cookie) fixed the problem. My gut feeling is that it's the web site that causes it but that is impossible (for me) to know. Lets just blame MS :p.

Cheers,
Mike