Automatic log out on forum ?

/ Automatic log out on forum ? #1  

joes_427_vette

Veteran Member
Tractor
IH Cub Lo Boy, 955 John Deere , TC 55 DA New Holland, Bolens HT 20 and 1456
Every time I come to this site I have to re log in. I left the site for 5 minutes and returned only to find I had to log in again. Is this something new or is my sign in screwed up ?

/ Automatic log out on forum ? #2  
Two things come to mind right off the bat,
First, when you log in next click the little "remember me" box. If your browser's cache was cleared you may have lost your cookie,. this will get you a new one.

If that doesn't work it might be that your browser's security settings got changed. But my money's on the first one..

/ Automatic log out on forum ? #3  
Every time I come to this site I have to re log in. I left the site for 5 minutes and returned only to find I had to log in again. Is this something new or is my sign in screwed up ?

There are several sites on which I never log out; TBN being one of them. I periodically do a little "housekeeping" on my computer by deleting all the cookies, temporary Internet files, and Internet history, etc. When I do that, I then log on to 5 websites; TBN being of of them. Now I stay logged on to the other 4, including Countrybynet, but every time I leave TBN and come back, I have to log on again. After doing that several times, usually over a period of two days, I'll stay logged on then until the next time I clear out all my cookies. The last time, I kept track of it and I logged on 7 times before I stayed logged on.

And I have no idea why it does that.

/ Automatic log out on forum ? #4  
When I bought this computer earlier this year with Windows Vista Home Premium, I let Best Buy install Norton AntiVirus 2008 TechCenter Edition and Webroot's Spy Sweeper. A short time later, I bought the latest version of Norton SystemWorks Standard Edition and I installed it. I really liked earlier versions of SystemWorks on Windows XP, but was never really happy with this version. And my computer was pretty slow at times, with indications that it was because Norton AntiVirus was scanning communications. I did, of course, keep the Norton stuff updated frequently.

However, after reading a glowing evaluation or two of Norton Internet Security 2009 (much of which a computer dummy like me wouldn't understand), I went by Best Buy and talked to a couple of their young Geek Squad members, who also liked the Internet Security 2009. So I dumped all the stuff mentioned in the first paragraph above and isntalled Norton Internet Security 2009.

Right away I noticed the increased speed of my computer, and yesterday, I dumped all the cookies, temporary Internet files, and Internet History, and this time when I logged back on to TBN, I've stayed logged on.

So was it something to do with Norton, or with Spy Sweeper, or not? I have no idea.:confused: But I do know, at least for now, I'm staying logged on, and my computer's faster than ever.:)