Constantly getting signed out...

/ Constantly getting signed out... #1  

linrick1

Silver Member
Tractor
Ford 1900, Steiner 430
Hey all, why is it that after I log in I am asked to log in again after I change topics within the forum or try to write or answer posts? Its kind of a pain in the @!$% to keep signing in every 2 minutes...thanks, Rick

/ Constantly getting signed out... #2  
I just went through that on another site. It happened when trying to go to a certain page, or sometimes when I hit the back button. It happened to a much lesser degree on other sites, but not to the degree of that one site.

I changed browsers to Mozila Firefox, but that didn't solve the problem. Then I read that I needed to clear my cookies. That fixed it. Of course, you then have to sign in again to every site that you had a user name and password, so be sure to know what those are before deleting your cookies.

Good luck,
Eddie

/ Constantly getting signed out...
Thanks Eddie, I'll give that a shot....I'm no whiz when it comes to computers so I'll have to figure out how to "clear my cookies".....thanks again, Rick

/ Constantly getting signed out... #4  
Also make sure your cookies are not set to be deleted after each IE session.

BTW, on IE6 or IE 7, go to Tools, internet options, browsing history.

Our computer is older than dirt, it has Windows XP....how do I do the cookie thing with this? Thanks, Rick

/ Constantly getting signed out... #6  
Our computer is older than dirt, it has Windows XP....how do I do the cookie thing with this? Thanks, Rick

Same as above, Xp is still the #1 OS in use. People either have it...or wish they had it back! :D

Thanks Rob, I think I might have done it....we'll see, thanks again, Rick

/ Constantly getting signed out... #8  
Also, when you log in don't forget to check the remember me box.

Also, when you log in don't forget to check the remember me box.

Thanks George...You'd think I'd have tried that...but I didnt, I'll try it when I next sign in...thanks, Rick